Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 7 Post By aquaman
  • 3 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: another crime???

another crime???

I'm surprised not to have seen anything here this morning about an armed robbery in a neighborhood near the airport.?.?

It's on FB and I questioned the info and someone said it was also found on Diario, but I still can't find it. The post also states the original article was on masnoticia.com, which I did find.

Anyone hear of this? So sad if true and makes me want to cry. My feeling of Aruba as my Utopia is crashing.

Aruba since 1979
    Yes.
    A woman was killed and her husband as of this moment in critical condition.

I have been told that they have 1 of the perps in custody, but that has not been confirmed by my trusted friend/source.
    It has not been confirmed either of the nationality of the perps.
    The Dutch Marines as well as the police are searching high and low for the attackers.

The incident/attack was in the Wayaca section, which is sort of across from the airport. It was not in the Wayaca residence development.

This kind of violence cannot be tolerated.

I urge all not to speculate on this thread as it causes rumors and much misinformation.

I was not going to post any of this until i was given more facts.

this is all that I know.

Makes all of us sad I am sure.

Imagine how the good people of Aruba feel? Violated. Frightened. Disgusted by despicable acts of punks.

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    I'm surprised not to have seen anything here this morning about an armed robbery in a neighborhood near the airport.?.?

It's on FB and I questioned the info and someone said it was also found on Diario, but I still can't find it. The post also states the original article was on masnoticia.com, which I did find.

Anyone hear of this? So sad if true and makes me want to cry. My feeling of Aruba as my Utopia is crashing.

Thanks Andrea. Sorry to bring it up if you weren't ready, but I did not want to believe it.

Andrea

I think it is very important to establish that this was not a TOURIST crime. From what I have been told it was a business couple who own a store and were targeted due to the belief that they had money in the house.

It is unfortunate that a crime in Aruba gets broad brush treatment and people feel they are in danger. It is true that petty theft on beaches etc, happens but most, if not all, these home invasions and shootings are targeted....drugs deals, money related. gangs settling scores and so on. These are hardly tourist related.

I hope that level heads prevail amongst those who visit. They are not the targets.

John

Could you imagine if every single crime in the US or Canada were reported and discussed? There wouldn't be enough room on this forum for all the talk. Thanks for the reminder that this was not a tourist involved crime. Best wishes for the gentleman fighting for his life.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I'll state my opinion, my money says they're not from Aruba.

I've mentioned many times the influx from Venezuela, MIKE EAMON need's to
    stop the scamming, on the island from that country..

I'm sympathetic with respect to their poverty, not enough
    for them to destroy Aruba. it could happen..

They're not there for vacation, MONEY, MONEY AND MONEY!!

Look if Aruba ever becomes like other islands, Americans would flee.

Next hot spot, Cuba, it'll be safe.
    Government would guarantee that.

I won't be going..
    Last edited by ricky59; 09-14-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Crimes happen is cities with over 100k people so I get it. I am glad it was not in a tourist area. My prayers go out to the man fighting for his life, and to his poor family.

Aruba since 1979
    2 have been arrested.
    from what i have been told: one of the alleged perps is a nephew of the woman killed. the other alleged perp is a person from bonaire.

as soon as i get this article translated, i will post. http://www.24ora.com/index.php?optio...icial&Itemid=8