Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: another gentle reminder from the rules

Aruba since 1979

another gentle reminder from the rules

................Don’t say something to someone you wouldn’t say to them in person. This won’t stop a few people from saying inappropriate things, and those people should probably learn a few lessons about tact, respect, decorum, etc.

the rules are listed in the left vertical menu bar
    <------ look to the left

and i have a bit of a commentary now............

we all need to use the SMILIES..............................------> see them here

some folks are making comments and it could be teasing, could be comical or could be construed as being mean and or inappropriate . the internet leaves much room for interpretation. so we need help using the smilies.

over the past few days i have received some private messages talking about
    people's poor manners.

so folks, please do not use the smilies sparingly.
    use them freely so all know and understand the tone.

xoxoxox (yes my hugs and kisses are sarcasm)
    andrea

Thank you Andrea for the gentle reminder. One of the things I love most about this board is the way that people talk to each other. Everyone is so very helpful and kind. They genuinely care about their fellow human beings and honestly want to help each other learn the most they can about Aruba - from the people who live full time on the island to the rest of us who love to visit. They also offer friendly advise about every day life....lets all think before we post and as Andrea said, don't hesitate to use smiles etc. Sometimes email and postings just don't convey what we are trying to say and symbols sometimes help. Thank you to all my friends and a big thank you to Andrea and Lisa for all they do to help the rest of us....

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for the kind words

Andrea - thanks for being the rules lady . . . we all need the reminder from time to time :-)
    This is a great forum with lots of information for those who want to know more about the island paradise of Aruba.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    where are the smiles and icons? when I post, I never see them so you can put them in? are they not available in the quick reply?

You have to go to go advanced, which is to the right of post quick reply...

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

another gentle reminder from the rules

thank you I always thought that was for a new post, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Thank you Andrea for the gentle reminder. One of the things I love most about this board is the way that people talk to each other. Everyone is so very helpful and kind. They genuinely care about their fellow human beings and honestly want to help each other learn the most they can about Aruba - from the people who live full time on the island to the rest of us who love to visit. They also offer friendly advise about every day life....lets all think before we post and as Andrea said, don't hesitate to use smiles etc. Sometimes email and postings just don't convey what we are trying to say and symbols sometimes help. Thank you to all my friends and a big thank you to Andrea and Lisa for all they do to help the rest of us....

Hockeymom is right on target! We get to spend 1 week a year on our favorite island and this BB really helps me to shape a day or two of that week by reading about new places, not so new places, etc. The BB also helps me get through the times when i'm bored at work wishing my ticker would move faster (right now) and when the weather isn't so good here in NJ. I understand that people get defensive when a favorite place is criticized, and that's ok as long as we remain respectful of each other. I really enjoy spending a few minutes "catching up" on what's happening 2000 miles away from here, even if I don't agree with the poster's opinion.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I hope I have not offended anyone. If I do, please let me know. Sometimes I answer a post in a hurry and dont read what I wrote. Also I have a wireless keyboard and sometimes all the letters dontget prited.

The beach at the Tam and the beauty that is the Natural Bridge area.
    I hope I have not offended anyone...I was a lurker for my trip to Aruba in 2010 and you all provided me with so much helpful info. I would never have had the knowledge of most things Aruban without this board and it made that trip infinitely less stressful than others I've taken. I joined earlier this year as I was planning my second trip and I love being able to come here and see all the great stuff about my favorite island. Thanks to everyone for making this such a welcoming and informative forum!

Punta Cana 6.08 - Riviera Maya 6.09 - Aruba 6.10 - Cozumel 6.11 - Aruba 4.12 - Bahamas 6.12 - Playa del Secreto 6.13 - Aruba 4.14 - Curacao 6.14 - Punta Cana 6.15 - Aruba 6.16 - Aruba 6.17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast