Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Another weather Q - sort of

I'm trying to decide if I should buy one of those pop up cabana things for our trip in March. DD & I tan but DH just burns!!! We intend to roam around to many of the beaches for snorkeling on our own and want to be sure we have some shade but is it too windy to use during that time of year????
    Easter in Aruba

I would think that any pop up shade would be too flimsy for any beach in Aruba. Not because the winds are too strong but because you do get the occasional gust of a nice breeze.

I would suggest tops or cover-ups that stop the bad rays but you can still get a tan.

Also use a high number lotion at least 1/2 hour before going in the sun.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Be very careful and take great precautions if you burn easily. In Aruba the nice tradewinds can make you not realize the sun is beating down on you so hard but you are so close to the equator that you are sizzling and don't even know it! My hubby does not burn easy and he got fired within hours. I recommend staying out of direct sun from noon-4 or so.

Make sure you bring plenty of sunscreen! Probably double what you think you need!

My biggest fear of our upcoming trip is no shade available mid-day. We could stay in our room for fear of the sun Noon to 4, but kind of defeats the purpose of going to Aruba in the first place. I have faith in my sunscreen, but how much, not sure...

Dh and I will probably alternate early a.m. wake ups to get a shade palapa. Now exactly how early? That is a whole 'nother thread.

If you are snorkeling assorted beaches, EBB has the best suggestion, us the specially made tops which prevent burning.

I'm looking at your ticker and I'm green with envy - mine says 96 days and yours is 4!!!! You must be so excited - let us know how it goes and have a wonderful time.
    Easter in Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by palmtre2 View Post
    I'm looking at your ticker and I'm green with envy - mine says 96 days and yours is 4!!!! You must be so excited - let us know how it goes and have a wonderful time.
    Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. A few other bb'ers will be on the island before us. In traveling now, especially over the holidays, I am always of the opinion, "expect the worst and hope for the best". With this philosophy I have not been disappointed yet. Besides it is a LOT warmer there than it is here.

If the Tamarijn is true to their word (like I said, "expect the worst and hope for the best") and we have an internet connection on our laptop, I will most likely pop by to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by palmtre2 View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I should buy one of those pop up cabana things for our trip in March. DD & I tan but DH just burns!!! We intend to roam around to many of the beaches for snorkeling on our own and want to be sure we have some shade but is it too windy to use during that time of year????
    We had the same thought, and brought one with us last January. We struggled to set it up in the wind, but finally managed. However, within 10 minutes, it was blown over and the wind snapped one of the ribs. It ended up in the trash can on the beach! I'm sure our antics added comic relief to other beachgoers that day!

LOL!!! That's what I thought would happen - I just needed to hear from all of you "experienced" folk!!!!
    Easter in Aruba