Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Just finished Patterson Xmas book, christmas wedding I think, so glad I borrowed it and didnt buy it. Strange book. In the last few months I started books (two or three) that I just couldnt finish reading..... I never do that!
    You will enjoy the help! No sure wha I am going to pull out of my stock pile next.

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    For those of you from New England, you may enjoy almost anything by Alice Hoffman. Many, not all, but most of her books are set in New England and also contain just a bit of magic-not cheesy magic-spiritual/witchy magic. It's so underplayed that you get caught up in it and don't even realize it's magical. Her books have sucked me in for years and I can never put my kindle down when I am reading one.

I am guilty to admit to putting my 11mo old in front of Elmo for a bit so I could sneak in some reading just this weekend.

I just downloaded a new one, and although I am tempted to read it now, maybe I will try to hold off for my trip. I think I have only about 34 days left!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

I just finished a couple of books that I would highly recommend. A Paris Wife, by Paula McLain about Ernest Hemingway's first wife, Hadley. I wish I would have saved it for my trip next month to Aruba for myself. It's a novel, but it's based on correspondence between the two of them as well as biographies. I really enjoyed it from beginning to end.

I'm reading, Loving Frank, by Nancy Horan. It's a similar type novel about extramarital affair between Mamah and Frank Lloyd Wright. I've only just started it, but it seems very good too.

I also recently read Stephen King's new book, 11/22/63. I'd sworn off King's books years ago (like 20+ years), but I got it as a gift. I LOVED it! It's a time travel/alternative history novel. It's over 800 pages, but it's an easy read, plus it's addictive. I finished it in four days. I lost sleep, because I couldn't put it down at night, and I would wake up early wanting to get back to it. I think I'm going to read King's, Under the Dome, in Aruba, now that I'm back on King's books, and it has gotten very good reviews. It's 1,000 plus pages, so thank goodness I have a Kindle.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Am dusting off THE STAND for a third reading. I love the story. Masterful book.
    Just finished " A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER" AND LOVED IT AS WELL (FOR THE SECOND TIME)
    The good ones pull me to keep and re-read them.

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910