Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    aruba here I come - I prefer good ol' fashioned page turning. I can't even bring myself to listen to a book on CD!

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    I have not yet evolved to the e-book either. I never thought I could do the newspaper in the e-version, but with the recent deluge of snow I did learn to adapt! My beloved Philadelphia Inquirer sends an exact miniaturized copy of the paper to subscribers, pictures and all. You just click on the story you want to read and it opens in a larger box. I'm not ready to give up the paper version yet, but I do recycle every page.

I just started Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon (published 1991). It's the first in a series, so I'm going to have a lot of reading ahead of me. The book begins in 1945 Scotland, and the main character was a nurse during WWII. She and her husband are on their second honeymoon after several years of separation due to the war. However, she soon finds herself sent back to Scotland in the mid 1700s through portal at a Stonehenge type structure. It's a riveting book, and another page turner. After being so engrossed in The Help, I wasn't sure the next book would be as enthralling, but this one has me hooked.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

For fantasy readers

I want fun, sexy reads when on vacation. I want to make sure I can have a cocktail or cocktails and still enjoy, laugh and somewhat remember what I have read.

I like the Sookie Stackhouse series, The Morganville Vampires Series, City of Bones, City of Glass series....very inventive but you must like vampires, etc.... If that doesn't appeal to you at all then do not read these series at all.

I have very wide range of authors that I like - Jennifer Weiner, Piccoult, Crieghton, etc. but sometimes it is fun to just escape and go with fantasy. I don't like to cry on vacation.

Yes, Twilight series is good too.

I just got shutter island also but haven't started it yet... I just saw the movie so I can't wait to see how different it is.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    i forget the name of it........... :-(
    we listened on the ipod today ellenton to rocky mt, nc.

author stuart woods character holly barker in her new role as a CIA agent

excellent!

I'm almost done with "A Reliable Wife" ...... interesting book, nothing like I usually read.

What are you reading?

Has anyone read the book about Aruba "An Island Away"? I got it for Christmas and am having a tough time getting into it. A very slow read for me...does it pickup the pace after the first 10 chapters.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    peapod, yes I read it, thought it was good. I have read many books that are hard to get into, but end up to be a good read..Inless it something that doesn't grab your intrest.. The writer of it, is a member here. Give it a go....

I am reading Big Girl by Danielle Steel....

Just finished hello darkness, sandra brown. very good....

Aruba since 1979
    aruba here i come.....i am interested in your review of BIG GIRL.
    I found it TEDIOUS and bothersome and so predictable.
    Did you find that you wanted to KILL (literally) the dad?

Quote Originally Posted by aruba here I come View Post
    peapod, yes I read it, thought it was good. I have read many books that are hard to get into, but end up to be a good read..Inless it something that doesn't grab your intrest.. The writer of it, is a member here. Give it a go....

I am reading Big Girl by Danielle Steel....

Just finished hello darkness, sandra brown. very good....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast