Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    andrea,
    I just started big girl yesterday, only 2-3 chapers in. (read it on my lunch 1/2 hour break!)

before finishing the first chaper, I wanted to strangle the father,(the way it was laid out, it was the wifes fault, when we all know that the male is the desiding factor, that made me soo so mad!!!) and the mother for allowing his behavor, and the grandmother. I "think I am going to be (censord word here) threw the whole book!!!!
    I will let you know how I totally feel about it when I finish....

Aruba since 1979
    typically danielle steel is easy smooth reading (or in my case listening).
    i am very interested in reading your "book report" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by aruba here I come View Post
    andrea,
    I just started big girl yesterday, only 2-3 chapers in. (read it on my lunch 1/2 hour break!)

before finishing the first chaper, I wanted to strangle the father,(the way it was laid out, it was the wifes fault, when we all know that the male is the desiding factor, that made me soo so mad!!!) and the mother for allowing his behavor, and the grandmother. I "think I am going to be (censord word here) threw the whole book!!!!
    I will let you know how I totally feel about it when I finish....

I'm on a reading bender trying to finish the second book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. I'm just under half way through Dragonfly in Amber, which is 800 pages long. I have the hard back copy from the library as well as the paper back copy of the third book, Voyager. We're leaving for Aruba Monday (YAY!!), and I don't want to tote the very heavy almost finished Dragonfly book with me. The story is so enthralling, it's hard to put down anyway.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

shutter island

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    I just got shutter island also but haven't started it yet... I just saw the movie so I can't wait to see how different it is.
    Speaking of this movie, some scenes were shot in Taunton MA at an old mill. Well, I am from Taunton, we know some of the extras in the scene and my husband who is a Taunton Firefighter was able to be on the set for the entir time... what an amazing experience... and no I have not scene the movie yet.

Another movie that was done in Taunton and again my husband was on the set was the segregates, this was a good movie,..

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    andrea, I finished that book on friday. HUmmm my thoughts on the book.
    I really was ticked threw the whole book at the mother and the father, and a few points the sister! Its ashame that that type of behavor happens everyday.
    As usually I didn't like the way the book ended, (usually never do) I wish they would wrap up books a bit better. So much loose strings.
    I am glad that victoria finally found happiness. with someone that loved her for her....
    sorry that her sister was so nieve of a person, to realize what a "dog" her husband might be, and that her parents allow her to continune on that journey. Seems all the father cared about was money, and his status...
    I thought that the book moved quickly, sometimes too quickly....

Going to start the cottage today...

What book are you reading now?

Hello fellow beach readers....

I'm grabbing a few books to take with me (15 days away!!!).

Has anyone read Charlaine Harris's books?

How about one fifth avenue (candace bushnell)?, savannah breeze (mary andrews)? or the 9th judgment (james patterson)?

Any good read recommendations?

Hi...I love James Patterson. I'm only on the 8th Confession but that series is great. Have you read his Michael Bennett collection? The first is called Step on a Crack. I just finished Run for you Life...very good.

Also, Kristin Hannah books are great....Firefly Lane, Between Sisters. She's my favorite author.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    James Patterson's "postcard killers" is great. Also, Iris Johansen's "Fatal Tide".

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Also, any of the David Baldacci books that feature the Camel Club.

I just got a Barnes and Noble NOOK. I can't wait to download my reading list for my upcoming trip to Aruba.
    Nancy K

Next Aruba trip in

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast