Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By cindyo
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By CK1
  • 1 Post By burghboy

Thread: Any last minute suggestions or ideas

Any last minute suggestions or ideas

Good Morning! We are heading to St. Louis on Tuesday afternoon to stay close to the airport. On Wednesday morning, we will be boarding American Airlines (6:00 am flight) to head to Aruba. We will stay one night at the Marriott Aruba hotel then moving to a condo at the Marriott Surf Club for one week. Beginning July 3, we will stay at the Renaissance Aruba Hotel for thee nights. Any last minute suggestions or ideas! Plenty of sunscreen and swimming suits are already packed! I can not believe this trip is finally here. We have been planning this trip for over one year!

You are staying at three of our favorite spots, enjoy.

At the Surf Club, relax. Don't get caught up in the mad rush for palaypas. Take a few dollars and reserve in advance. Walk the beach both north and south up to the Ritz and down to the Westin. Stop along the way at Scott's Brats for breakfast or lunch (in front of Playa Linda).

At Renaissance, go to the Private Island at your very first opportunity. Perhaps go late on your check-in day and enjoy the sunset. From 4:00-6:30 it is a very special place.

Enjoy!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Scott's Brats is definitely on our must eat list! Renaissance Island is something we are looking forward to seeing!

Relax and enjoy. Our very first trip we never even left our resort just because we were enjoying ourselves so much. It's nice that you split up your trip so you can see more than one part of the island. The downtown area has plenty of great places to shop if you get tired of the beach.

Aruba since 1979
    I saw in your very first posting in May that you have a lot of activities planned.
    I always recommend for first timers to go easy on planned excursions/activities as sometimes they are exhausting.
    Enjoy!.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbailey View Post
    Good Morning! We are heading to St. Louis on Tuesday afternoon to stay close to the airport. On Wednesday morning, we will be boarding American Airlines (6:00 am flight) to head to Aruba. We will stay one night at the Marriott Aruba hotel then moving to a condo at the Marriott Surf Club for one week. Beginning July 3, we will stay at the Renaissance Aruba Hotel for thee nights. Any last minute suggestions or ideas! Plenty of sunscreen and swimming suits are already packed! I can not believe this trip is finally here. We have been planning this trip for over one year!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey do yourself a favor and grab some 36inch pool rings or the Swimways Papasans at Target. Use both in lazy river or out at Renn private island. Here's also a few random off the top of my head tips... No particular order....
    remember your key for the boat out to Renn island. No key no ride. No happy hours on private island. Blue bar/LGSmith steakhouse worth the visit at the Renn. Bring some suction cups for the shower walls at surf, no big shelves in there, everything goes on the floor. Blow up station at Surf for tubes... Jesh I am rambling, need coffee,sorry. Nice cruise right at Surf is the Black Pearl boat.

anyway you are going to our 2 fav spots!!

Right on CindyO. You beat me to the floats for the lazy river at the Surf. Right now they have nice Intex lounge "sit 'n float" floats for 5 bucks at Walmart. They have 2 drink holders so I can take 2 Balashi's with me. Less time spent getting out of lazy river for a beverage. We buy them nice and new all boxed up and easy to pack. At the end of our 2 weeks, we leave them out by the elevators for someone else to use. No deflating and repacking. One time my brand new float had a hole in it and it wouldn't inflate. It took 2 days before someone left one by the elevator and I snagged it. I wouldn't buy one from the store on principle.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    As a last minute suggestion: consider getting a rental car.

Aruba is quite hot during the day and even in the evenings, still quite warm. Depending/waiting of busses can be exhausting, especially with kids. Paying for taxis several times will get expensive, IMO.

With a air-conditioned rental car, you are independent, if going to different restaurants, moving to your different locations, exploring the island, going to some of the most stunning places etc etc.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    As a last minute suggestion: consider getting a rental car.

Aruba is quite hot during the day and even in the evenings, still quite warm. Depending/waiting of busses can be exhausting, especially with kids. Paying for taxis several times will get expensive, IMO.

With a air-conditioned rental car, you are independent, if going to different restaurants, moving to your different locations, exploring the island, going to some of the most stunning places etc etc.
    I second this. Renting a car on Aruba opens up so many exploration possibilities. I love having the ability to start my day by lounging at baby beach and ending it with an Arashi beach sunset. There are so many nooks and crannies to explore on the island, I don't think you get a full appreciation of Aruba until you explore in your own vehicle. You don't need to rent for the duration of your trip but even a couple of days with private transportation can make a world of difference.