Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Anyone flying from Aruba-Toronto in the next week or two?

I'm looking for a transporter for an 8 week old puppy pulled from the Aruba kill cages.

If you are flying Aruba-Toronto or know anyone who is (or the subject comes up in discussion on the beach or around the pool) could you please let me know? I'd have a wait list of homes for an Aruba pup, and this is a cute little girl who just needs help getting to Toronto.

ARf-Aruba handles all of the logistics. I've carried puppies on 2 flights and also had puppies carried to me. It is very simple. ARF-Aruba brings the puppy to the airport, in an airline-approved carrier, to meet you at your check-in time. They bring a little bag of kibble, pee pads (for whenever you can let the pup out of the carrier), the "health letter" from the veterinarian that is needed when coming in to Pearson airport. They also pay the fee for putting the puppy "under the seat" (the pup becomes your carry-on); you are still allowed a 'personal item' in addition to the pup.

I meet the flight at the Toronto end to bring the puppy home. You need an extra 5 minutes at Pearson to pass by the Inspector who will look at the puppy and will look at the Veterinary certificate of health. Sometimes there is a small tax to be paid ($32 as I recall), and sometimes they don't charge it. I will reimburse it, if it is charged.

This little girl would have been euthanized at about 6 weeks of age if she hadn't been taken out of the kill cage by a caring young woman who has been fostering her in her home. There are many people in Toronto who will love this puppy for many years if we can just get her onto a flight, but she does need to be carried on. The airlines that fly direct Aruba-Toronto (Air Canada and Westjet) do not accept animals in cargo but both airlines accept Pet in Cabin accompanied by a passenger.

Even Canadians flying to other parts of Canada invariably come in through Toronto and many overnight here because AC and Westjet arrive very late at night. This provides the opportunity for me to meet at the airport and collect the puppy.

If you can help spread the word to any Canadians on the island or heading there soon, I'd really appreciate it.

Aruba since 1979
    hope that you are successful in getting this little girl a good home.
    thank you for helping aruba's animals and thank you for supporting the ARF-Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by WINTRSUX View Post
    I'm looking for a transporter for an 8 week old puppy pulled from the Aruba kill cages.

If you are flying Aruba-Toronto or know anyone who is (or the subject comes up in discussion on the beach or around the pool) could you please let me know? I'd have a wait list of homes for an Aruba pup, and this is a cute little girl who just needs help getting to Toronto.

ARf-Aruba handles all of the logistics. I've carried puppies on 2 flights and also had puppies carried to me. It is very simple. ARF-Aruba brings the puppy to the airport, in an airline-approved carrier, to meet you at your check-in time. They bring a little bag of kibble, pee pads (for whenever you can let the pup out of the carrier), the "health letter" from the veterinarian that is needed when coming in to Pearson airport. They also pay the fee for putting the puppy "under the seat" (the pup becomes your carry-on); you are still allowed a 'personal item' in addition to the pup.

I meet the flight at the Toronto end to bring the puppy home. You need an extra 5 minutes at Pearson to pass by the Inspector who will look at the puppy and will look at the Veterinary certificate of health. Sometimes there is a small tax to be paid ($32 as I recall), and sometimes they don't charge it. I will reimburse it, if it is charged.

This little girl would have been euthanized at about 6 weeks of age if she hadn't been taken out of the kill cage by a caring young woman who has been fostering her in her home. There are many people in Toronto who will love this puppy for many years if we can just get her onto a flight, but she does need to be carried on. The airlines that fly direct Aruba-Toronto (Air Canada and Westjet) do not accept animals in cargo but both airlines accept Pet in Cabin accompanied by a passenger.

Even Canadians flying to other parts of Canada invariably come in through Toronto and many overnight here because AC and Westjet arrive very late at night. This provides the opportunity for me to meet at the airport and collect the puppy.

If you can help spread the word to any Canadians on the island or heading there soon, I'd really appreciate it.