Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    On another board there was quite the discussion going on where a husband who was there for the poker tournament was approached and harassed by dealers.
    Possible due to his wife pursuing the incident with the police there has been more patrols around the hotels.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    The only reason that I posted this, and honestly have thought about if for a day or 2, was to make sure everyone has seen a presence of police. One of my biggest concerns is allowing my 2 teen daughters to walk along the pier, or downtown shopping. I fear they will be harrassed, aproached, or intimidated and I am not liking that. I like to give them a little freedom, however, I am not interested in putting them in a compromised situation that they frankly can 't handle. Here's speaking the "helicopter mom"....

Cindy - It is safe downtown, just stay on the main road where the the malls are and they would be fine! I wouldn't wonder off the main road then there is a chance of being approached. There is too many people walking around LG Smith blvd especially during the day shopping. Your girl would be fine. I would just recommend not to vear off the main road and I wouldn't advise walking around at night. I'm not saying it isn't safe but I just think it's better when there is a presence of a bunch of people and daylight.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    marc, the problem is they love all those "junk" t shirt shops, and knock off bag shops that run directly behind the marina towers..., near the old senor frog joint.
    "Helicopter mom"

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    marc, the problem is they love all those "junk" t shirt shops, and knock off bag shops that run directly behind the marina towers..., near the old senor frog joint.
    "Helicopter mom"
    Funny, In all the years going to Aruba I have not paid any attention to the people on the street by old Senor Frogs,,,,Let me rephrase that...I have noticed people sitting around and noticed they were locals, but did not concentrate on them enough to see what they were or what they were doing....Here is a great example of how much I never notice anything...Those of you that have been going to Aruba for many years should know about the bar that is in the alley behind the mall (across from the square)...think it was called the cave or something like that..anyway we were reading the paper and saw the one night drinks were 2/1 so of course we decided to go (Dh,myself,girlfriend and her Dh) we went, had a blast...stayed for several hours and left. Next day we went out on Jolly Pirate and mentioned what a great time we had the night before....All the crew looked at us and laughed.....then they told us it was a gay bar and how did we not notice that !!!!! So, my point is, I guess I have been oblivious to the drugs because it never occured to me to be worried about it.....but (last word...) I guess it has become more open and the need for safety is greater. Common sense is always the best !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Oh yeah I know where you are talking about. It's still good over there I go over there every trip and never had an issue. Plus they would be together which is better then being by yourself. Honestly, if you don't feel right about it don't let them go. You can read whatever you want but a mothers instinct is usally correct.

Common sense is the key...regardless of whether you think someplace is safe or not. It only takes one person to make a "safe" place "unsafe".

That said....our 15 and 16 year old daughters will only walk around the downtown together in daytime, or with us if after dark. Also, certain areas will be avoided.

By the way...the same rules apply in Rhode Island.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Those of you that have been going to Aruba for many years should know about the bar that is in the alley behind the mall (across from the square)...think it was called the cave or something like that..anyway we were reading the paper and saw the one night drinks were 2/1 so of course we decided to go (Dh,myself,girlfriend and her Dh) we went, had a blast...stayed for several hours and left. Next day we went out on Jolly Pirate and mentioned what a great time we had the night before....All the crew looked at us and laughed.....then they told us it was a gay bar and how did we not notice that !!!!!
    The Cellar! We went there, too, many, many, many years ago - maybe in 1997 or 1998.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Being 76-years-young; I guess that us gray-haired; wrinkled old men are "off-limits" to those dealers...I have never been approached; nor do I wish to be approached.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    The Cellar! We went there, too, many, many, many years ago - maybe in 1997 or 1998.
    OHHHH loved the Cellar that was my favourate club!! after moving back to Aruba from Miami Beach. Was almost living there LOL. Now regarding the drug issues, its everywhere we cant deny it but from what I have experienced its mostly the tourist that gets approached because usually the tourist are the ones mostly after it, i have experienced this over and over again around in the streets, especially around the clubs area and at nights. Where ever there is a demand there will be a supplier. Now the police are cracking down hard on drug dealers, but just like everywhere else they cant have 100% control over it, these people are very innovative in their modus operandus.
    Hopefully one day everybody will realize how damaging drugs are for you. But again seems like nowadays everything is bad fro you!! LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast