Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Though I would be with a couple of "teenage boys," they don't; nor do I; and a simple answer of "No, thank you; not interested" should be enough...right?

As opposed to timeshare salespeople, drug dealers generally take no for an answer

We were approached just once (4 or 5 years ago) behind the Renaissance. They guy was very polite, asked if we were interested in any recreational pharmaceuticals, and said to enjoy the island after we declined. Two years ago, we were approached by a panhandler at about noon in the same location. I did give him a buck and he left,,,but he was not as polite as the drug dealer, but we didn't feel threatened by either.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

7 yrs and never been approached. Just aware of the increased in gangs with the stealing of hub caps on rental cars.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Andrea, pls shut this down...its old and been around to long...cindyo

Oh well, it just seemed old...about 1.5 years....new govt etc. didn't seem relavent...:>)
    Last edited by cindyo; 01-14-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    what gangs?
    and from what i have seen over the past few yrs is that rental cars are no longer with hubcaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkoneils View Post
    7 yrs and never been approached. Just aware of the increased in gangs with the stealing of hub caps on rental cars.

Aruba since 1979
    the thread will remain open
    it is a source of information and serves a purpose.....makes folks aware

although it is purposeful i urge folks to use caution when making posts

ex: this past post that mentions gangs.

andrea

Never been approached in the high rise area but got lost one time driving in the downtown area and there is one section near the bus station where there were several people trying to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox82 View Post
    As opposed to timeshare salespeople, drug dealers generally take no for an answer
    Now, that's funny!
    ------------------------------------------
    My husband and I often are out "after hours" and have never run into dealers, or even any shady looking people, just vacationers like ourselves. The biggest difference I've seen over the years is the greatly increased presence of security.

A couple of years ago, my son was hanging out with a hometown friend and family at the Marriott timeshares (we stay at the Stellaris). As teens do, he made several new friends (of course, one was the girl of his dreams..lol), and had a list of their email addresses. He called us to pick him up at about 1 am. As soon as he and my husband walked into our room, he realized he'd lost his tiny piece of paper with all the emails, and we were leaving the next day. My husband is such a sweetie, so he took him back to look, but with the famous Aruba winds, we weren't hopeful. A security guard walked up to them, and asked them if they'd lost something. When my son told him he lost a piece of paper, the security guard smiled, and pulled it out of his pocket.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

"...the security guard smiled, and pulled it out of his pocket."

Gotta love those Arubans.
    I know I sure do.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast