Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach

Anything New Eagle Beach

Miss 2010, so was wondering if any new construction on Eagle Beach. Hopefuly nothing more that what was started.
    I also read that the waterpark closed are they putting anything new in that site?

Aruba since 1979
    water park has closed but is still there looking "abandoned".
    since 2010, i think nothing new along eagle beach.
    we'll be there in a few weeks and will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by tavilas View Post
    Miss 2010, so was wondering if any new construction on Eagle Beach. Hopefuly nothing more that what was started.
    I also read that the waterpark closed are they putting anything new in that site?
    We stayed on Eagle Beach at Amsterdam Manor 3 times in 2010 and once so far this year (May). All is good and the beach is fabulous and wide in front of Amsterdam Manor, LaCabana, and Paradise Beach Villas.

As Andrea said, the water park has been closed for awhile now and is just sitting there (slowly falling apart and looking awful - just my opinion.)

Let's hope for no new construction. Eagle Beach is great the way it is.

Oh, there is a cute little local restaurant/bar that is now open on the road where you turn at Screaming Eagle just past LaQuinta called Dos Locos. Stopped in for a drink and it's a nice inexpensive place - open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    ...Oh, there is a cute little local restaurant/bar that is now open on the road where you turn at Screaming Eagle just past LaQuinta called Dos Locos. Stopped in for a drink and it's a nice inexpensive place - open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
    I agree! Dos Locos is a neat little spot. We went there as a result of a number of really positive reviews from friends. We ate lunch there on departure day and really liked it. Best french fries on the island - golden brown and crispy on the outside and creamy inside.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I stayed at Paradise Beach Villas last Feb. On our last night, we were hanging out at the bar when we all noticed tremendous smoke coming from the water park. Someone at the front desk called the fire department. It seemed like it took them forever to get there. A crowd gathered around us, and we could see the firefighters dousing the flames with water hoses. It didn't take too long to put the fire out, but from the amount of smoke, we all thought there must have been a lot of damage. Some of the people who work at PBV told us that there have been several fires set there, since it became abandoned. It really needs to be torn down, not only because it has become an eyesore, but also because this has become a dangerous situation.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    AMY/AndyM/Anybody

Could not find Dos Locos on any map or in the Aruba Yellow Pages.
    I did find a place called Shon Gecko as part of La Quinta.
    Do they have great Catch of the Day? Is it right on the main road past La Quinta coming from CDM? Phone #/Web Site ?????
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 07-21-2011 at 10:32 AM.

No website that I know of - they do have a Facebook page though.

From what I recall on their menu, they had grouper and shrimp but I don't think they had a "catch of the day" (but they should - maybe I missed it.)

Their phone number: 587-2725

It's not a fancy place at all - very, very casual. We chatted with the bartender and a few locals at the bar - nice people.

They also have a happy hour from 6pm-8pm. All mixed drinks and shots for Afl. 5.

Here's a map below. You need to turn at Sreaming Eagle and take the road going inland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anything New Eagle Beach-222890_102663006491047_100002420434600_21277_2745867_n.jpg  
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Photo of Dos Locos' interior tables and bar. They also have a few tables outside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anything New Eagle Beach-263597_113123125445035_100002420434600_124065_7771908_n.jpg  

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

Thanks Amy. Got their menus going through Facebook and now have their Menus Book Marked for next June. They have Creol Grouper and Keshi yena. So will have to try there.
    Have you been to Pinchos and how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by TomFrederick View Post
    Thanks Amy. Got their menus going through Facebook and now have their Menus Book Marked for next June. They have Creol Grouper and Keshi yena. So will have to try there.
    Have you been to Pinchos and how is it?
    We were at Pinchos for dinner in May. Food was very good (and healthy since it's mostly grilled.) Nice view of the water/downtown as you sit on the pier at night - always liked the atmosphere there and very nice staff as well.

I've only had drinks at Dos Locos but will try to get there in Sept. if I have time and check out their food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast