Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Apparently, more recent nastiness on the island?

Apparently, more recent nastiness on the island?

This came to me via Angelo, the fellow who likes to send out updates on the island and the "real" news about what's going on. Calls his updates "Vacations By Aruba"

"A couple of days later two robberies took place on the same day. The first attack was on a dutch couple near RIU hotel and few moments later another couple was attacked by supposedly the same thief near the Tamarijn resort."

First off, they must have been really fast to get from the Riu to the Tamarijn in moments, but that doesn't matter.
    Anybody know anything about these occurences?
    Just kinda curious considering I generally exist around the Tamarijn and Druif beach...

Aquaman.... whatcha know?
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 03-27-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    i saw the same michael, in angelo's newsletter and on trip advisor
    i was not able to find anythig in diario, looking at march 18 - 21 , so unable to source it.

the tourism industry cannot take a hit due to this despicable behavior of criminal punks.
    something needs to be done real soon.
    more police out on foot, bike or segway patrol in the evenings along the tourism areas would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i saw the same michael, in angelo's newsletter and on trip advisor
    i was not able to find anythig in diario, looking at march 18 - 21 , so unable to source it.

the tourism industry cannot take a hit due to this despicable behavior of criminal punks.
    something needs to be done real soon.
    more police out on foot, bike or segway patrol in the evenings along the tourism areas would be a good start.

Yes, all these incidents are making a Big Hit on the tourism, the only source of living for Arubians

And AHATA is so concern, working together with government to protect tourists and local population from the criminal punks.

Apparently, more recent nastiness on the island?-img-20170324-wa0001.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    i saw that headline GETA62....was that re: criminal drug activities?

as per our local friend translation: Headline: Ahata tourism is very concern with the robberies.
    Generally it says that AHATA is trying so hard and hope soon they make people more safety and these criminal will not be able to easy get away with this.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    as per our local friend translation: Headline: Ahata tourism is very concern with the robberies.
    Generally it says that AHATA is trying so hard and hope soon they make people more safety and these criminal will not be able to easy get away with this.
    Nice Thank you!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

If not necessarily the police, then perhaps a security force of another sort to patrol the areas.
    I know there are some rather large-ish gents that ride big, loud motorbikes that are pretty unhappy with the situation.
    And they really are the friendliest guys once you talk to them and get past the scary appearance....

Most likely, if they were approached with the concept, you'd find more than one or two that would be willing to help out.
    And if it was a paying gig, even better!

Not surprising how (unintentionally) intimidating some people can be, just by being there.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Nice Thank you!
    Here is the link to the article. May someone translate.

http://www.diario.aw/2017/03/ahata-conmociona-cu-crecimento-recien-di-atraconan-arma/

That is the article that was sent to me. I am 99% sure what the translation is but I have sent it along to one of my friends who is fluent in Spanish for a rough translation...I know its not written in Spanish but its close enough to understand the message, and I hate the message!!!!

Well that did not work, lol. He really could not understand it well enough to translate. So with that I have sent it along to one of my island friends for translation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast