Thread: APPS for ARUBA I PHONE/pad/touch and others and Android APP

Aruba since 1979
    i am unfamiliar with kindle fire.
    does it accept android apps?
    if so, it'll accept the one i posted about in this thread, post #1

also an android app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.crapps.aruba

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Good Saturday Morning to my Aruba Friends! I'm trying to get this app onto my new kindle fire but no luck. Does anyone know if there is a Aruba App us kindle users can use? Thanks for any help and have a great day.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks Andrea...a Kindle Fire is a notebook to download books, music etc. as well as use the internet on it. All my apps I have downloaded were from the Amazon store. I am not sure if it accepts android apps. I did try the one you gave but no luck. I may have to call customer service (wish me luck) lol....to ask for help on this one. Still getting used to the whole app business but looking forward to using my kindle fire in Aruba! I did try searching amazon for aruba apps but still no luck. I tried searching for aruba tourism authority and says no match found no perhaps it does not accept android apps?

Aruba since 1979
    the aruba tourism authority app is available on apple apps or google play.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Thanks Andrea...a Kindle Fire is a notebook to download books, music etc. as well as use the internet on it. All my apps I have downloaded were from the Amazon store. I am not sure if it accepts android apps. I did try the one you gave but no luck. I may have to call customer service (wish me luck) lol....to ask for help on this one. Still getting used to the whole app business but looking forward to using my kindle fire in Aruba! I did try searching amazon for aruba apps but still no luck. I tried searching for aruba tourism authority and says no match found no perhaps it does not accept android apps?

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    No luck guess no app for kindle fire tablets yet but thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Dh just told me that if you use the GPS feature you will be using your data == ROAMING?

Anyone know otherwise???
    Anyone

Here is response I received from the developer when I asked about romaing data. Hope this helps.

Yes, you just need to have the GPS function enabled on your phone and it will work, even with the data turned off.

Only thing you will really need connection for is the sharing capabilities, if you want to share on the spot. If not, it will remain in the system and as soon as you have a wi-fi connection, it will share automatically.
    The same goes for the updates to the app, only when a wi-fi connection is present, it will be updated.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please let us know. Your input is greatly appreciated as well as your reviews.

We aim to constantly make this app better.

Greetings from sunny Aruba!

Rayon Koolman, Digital Marketingr.koolman@aruba.com

Thanks frzummo87

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12