Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    For the many who have asked about being able to donate via Paypal, a website has been set up that includes a link to the Paypal account. The site, www.normanfamily.ca also has info on the family.

Aquaman

Update for June for Christine Norman...

Hi all,

I posted the same thing on another message board...my apologies for doing so, however, it is easier to do it this way, as there are so many of you wanting to know how she is doing! So thank you, and my apologies on the repetition if you are an avid message boarder for a number of the Aruba message boards
    Here is the info on Christine that I posted:

Happy June to all of you! Hope your lives are doing well...

Just an update on Christine for the persons who are wanting to know...she is currently out of the hospital, and will not have to return for another 3 months, as then she is going back to get her hips replaced...of course, one at a time...
    But she is able to use a walker and has her family to take care of the boys while she is on the mend...amen to families!

It has been really hard for her...on one hand, she is home! On the other hand...the reality that Tom is no longer there is too real now...
    Trent, her middle boy, saw that she was in her bedroom closet, as she and Tom's clothes were hanging together in there...so she was crying. Trent told his mom to cheer her up "Are you sad because you are missing daddy?" Christine replied "Yes Trent, mommy is sad right now..." in which Trent replied "When get sad about daddy not being here anymore, I come to your room and kiss the sleeves of his shirt...like this!" This of course was followed by Trent taking the sleeve of one of Tom's shirts and kissing the sleeve...

These stories she tells me, and it kills me...however, as another person said...one day, with all the ups and downs, there will be more ups than downs...when that will happen...who will know?

She is still facing losing her house, but she was able to sell their vacation trailer, and that killed the boys to sell that, as that was what they did was go to the Cape every summer as a family...but when facing the prospect that the trailer will pay for another 2 months of the mortgage...the tough decision is no longer tough...

So amazing progress for my wonderful friend, however, amazing pain as well...she has now been home for 2 days, and please pray that she gets through this...please also pass along the word to others, so we can make sure that she does not have to lose her home because of this...

Thanks all! I'll keep you updated as things progress with her!

Talk soon,

Melissa

Aruba since 1979
    thanks melissa
    please relay our best wishes to christene and the boys.
    andrea

Thank you so much for the update. Christine and the boys are in my thoughts.
    Prayers and positive energy for all of them.

Gotta love kids.(that story made me cry and smile)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnB. View Post
    Thank you so much for the update. Christine and the boys are in my thoughts.
    Prayers and positive energy for all of them.

Gotta love kids.(that story made me cry and smile)
    Me too.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery,my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Smile You guys are angels!

Hello to you!

Honestly, you guys are wonderful, you are all angels, and know that in many ways, you are helping me as much as helping Christine...sometimes I need to talk about what has happened, and you amazing folks...you help so much!

Speaking of helping...so far since the website was put up...close to $3000 CAD has been donated to Christine and her boys...people from Italy, Bulgaria even...have offered donations! So thank you for passing the word, and for your amazing donations...
    Please know that any effort...either monetarily, words of encouragement, thoughts and prayers...well, it is working!

Thank you again for your amazing kindness...one of these days when she is feeling up to it, I will get Christine to write me a message to place on here...do not think she does not know your comments!

Lots of love and appreciation!

Melissa

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    Mine and my familes thoughts and prayers are with Christine, her boys and family. God Bless!
    Mike M

Pool Side in

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234