Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: April 2016..quieter than April 2105 ?

April 2016..quieter than April 2105 ?

I wonder if there are fewer visitors going this year? I found my April trip to be much quieter than last year at the same time/same place.

Returned April 30, 2 weeks, the Occidental was dead!!

Most likely the hotel is under renovations, main reason for low occupancy..

I wonder if it has anything to do with Ziki Virus. My company was supposed to have a convention at The Ritz for their top life insurance salesmen and they cancelled. A lot of disappointed people!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Just recently, I read the following:

Tourism, the dominant services export, performed well in 2015, with visitor numbers from the core U.S. market growing 7.7%, ahead of the Caribbean average. The trend should continue in 2016. However, real GDP growth performance has been a persistent weakness compared with the 'BBB' peer group. The overall economy recorded another year of slow growth in 2015, expanding just 0.1% in real terms, held back by subdued private consumption and government spending.

Fitch expects 1% growth in 2016 and 2% in 2017, but with major upside risks if - as seems likely - the oil refinery re-opens. Converting and re-opening the oil refinery, which closed in 2012, to process Venezuelan heavy oil would have a major impact on growth, employment and government revenue. The government and refiner Citgo have pushed back the deadline for a final agreement to mid-May 2016. Fitch will revise its forecasts once it is confirmed the project is going ahead.

More info at link:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...Outlook-Stable

I think there projections for growth were made back in 2015 and are incorrect based on my observations on our 3 trips this year, April was dead, Feb was not as busy as my previous Feb trips, and NYE was busy but not what I expected but I did not have anything to compare it to as it was our first NYE trip.

We thought this past New Years Eve was just as busy as the year before.

We are loving the lack of crowds this trip. It's been ten years since we came in April/May. I think we will continue coming at this time of year. There are no lines waiting for dinner or reservations needed, grocery stores are well stocked and have less crowds, traffic is much less congested. There have been no cruise ships in since we first got here, so that helps with downtown.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I don't think I will be concerned with 2105. LOL.

arubabob- funny

We travel in May every year because we love the low crowds. Here now and I do think it's even slower than usual. Even the boat traffic on palm beach is much less than we are used to. Optimal floating conditions ��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast