Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Arashi Beach Restrooms/ "arashi beach shack"

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    They might have you pay at food shack and they give you a token. This way you don't worry about exact change. Then you put the token in the slot.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    They had keyed locks on the doors, unless they changed them. Looks like you would pay the buck at the concession stand and get the key from them, just my guess.

I can tell you I would have paid $5 to use the bathroom on my last walk so I find a $1 cheap, lol. Everything has a cost in this world and nothing is free. I don't have a problem with the charge as long as its clean like Andrea said.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Good News

Handicap accessible restrooms OPEN at Arashi

also $1 shower $1 bathroom

snack bar open very limited menu......water, sodas, beer and snacks

kitchen will be completed and up and running in August, with a selection of burgers etc.

photos to follow when i get back to my laptop.

thank you ASPA
    i hope they increase the number of garbage receptacles there. It would be a pity to see burger wrappers, drink cans and other debris from the snack bar discarded on the beach
    A novel set in Aruba "Journey of Betrayals" available now on Amazon or at certain bookstores in Aruba
    "The sequel "Journey to Unknown Consequences" available this November, 2017
    John the (aquaman) www.homeaway.com/3507664 or www.homeaway.com/3903317

I'm glad to hear it is being privately run. I am hoping that means it will be taken care of with the pride of an Aruban businessman & his son. I'd gladly pay a buck to support that!

Love that we can all share differing opinions with respect
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

My guess would be that $1.00 is being split between the stand and Aruba

A little off topic (slightly - but it does pertain to Aruba and bathrooms) - but does anyone remember the Kokoa Bar (now the Bugaloe) and the way they handled the bathrooms that were located at the end of the pier and across the sand? They had a key for each (men's and women's) - you had to ask the bartender for one of the keys and each key was attached to something so the key would not be lost. I can't for the life of me remember what was attached to the women's bathroom key but I remember the men's key was attached to a HOT PINK VINYL PURSE. It cracked me up to see the look on every men's face when he was handed that purse with the key attached to it....and then had to walk all the way down the pier and back carrying the lovely HOT PINK purse. Ahhhh.....fun Aruba memories....LOL!
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I hate the idea of touching something that someone else brought to the bathroom with them....and to have it be a hot pink purse as well, priceless I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    A little off topic (slightly - but it does pertain to Aruba and bathrooms) - but does anyone remember the Kokoa Bar (now the Bugaloe) and the way they handled the bathrooms that were located at the end of the pier and across the sand? They had a key for each (men's and women's) - you had to ask the bartender for one of the keys and each key was attached to something so the key would not be lost. I can't for the life of me remember what was attached to the women's bathroom key but I remember the men's key was attached to a HOT PINK VINYL PURSE. It cracked me up to see the look on every men's face when he was handed that purse with the key attached to it....and then had to walk all the way down the pier and back carrying the lovely HOT PINK purse. Ahhhh.....fun Aruba memories....LOL!

Aruba since 1979
    public restroom procedures......at a very young age (toddler maybe) my mother and both grandmothers gave instructions on using and also getting and out of a public bathroom. it involved touching nothing. using toilet paper for everything including bum wiping. using elbows for faucets and foot for flushing.

more importantly or most importantly the "art of hovering"

as a result of these women ............. i have a huge mental phobia issue with public bathrooms and have been very very good at holding it.

in order to stay on topic, i insert the words "arashi beach bathroom and snack shack"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123