Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sugar

Thread: Arf-Aruba looking for transporter

Arf-Aruba looking for transporter

Arf-Aruba is looking for a volunteer to bring 2 dogs to JFK on Delta airlines. We would meet you at the airport with the dogs and necessary paperwork. We would pay the airline fee. You would check them in under your name. The owner will meet the dogs at JFK. For more information, please contact us at info@arf-aruba.com.

Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    I strongly encourage anyone that is able/willing to do this very good deed.
    It takes very little effort, Delta and ARFARUBA are great organizers and expediters and will make the process totally pain free .

This could be these dogs' Christmas miracle.

Arf-Aruba has found a volunteer to transport the 2 dogs to JFK. Now we are looking for a volunteer to transport a dog to Baltimore or Philadelphia on AA or Delta. If you are traveling to either of these airports, please consider attaching Lulu to your ticket. Thanks!

It's heartwarming to see that this program is still active. Hope someone comes forward soon to do the transport. We don't see puppies posted very often. I hope this means that things are improving

Aruba since 1979
    i think things are improving with the puppy control in aruba.
    i do think that there is more education for the animal owner.
    there is now a leash law!

arf-aruba is incredibly busy with rescues...getting them veterinary treatment and getting them spayed/neutored and adopted.

forum member "sugar" aka kathy, is working like a dog (no pun intended) to help the beasts on aruba. she and her small band of volunteers
    are very dedicated and have put their own lives pretty much on hold, as to help the animals and build the arf-aruba organization.

forum member "billstellar" aka stella, lives half the year on aruba. like kathy, when on island she too works like a dog.

both of these women and their husbands bought homes in aruba years ago. kathy is full time resident and stella is part time. almost every waking moment of their aruba lives is dedicated to the animals.
    i wish that i were as unselfish as they.

they have earned their spot in heaven.

they never say no when offered assistance and they and their group of volunteers are most grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    It's heartwarming to see that this program is still active. Hope someone comes forward soon to do the transport. We don't see puppies posted very often. I hope this means that things are improving

They obviously are passionate about this cause. It's good that all their hard work is showing a positive result. When we were having breakfast at Gilligans a skinny dog covered with flies came begging the poor animal. I wanted to feed him but figured they wouldn't appreciate it at the restaurant. He did have a collar so I was surprised at his condition. Of course, his having a collar is probably what kept me from feeding him. I was later talking with a woman who works at Mira Solo and she was telling me about the new leash law. She said that in Aruba people aren't used to keeping their dogs indoors like the states. It makes me feel a little guilty for having gone to a breeder for our yellow lab. Tom isn't much of an animal lover although he loves our lab. it were up to me I would probably have a house full.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i think things are improving with the puppy control in aruba.
    i do think that there is more education for the animal owner.
    there is now a leash law!

arf-aruba is incredibly busy with rescues...getting them veterinary treatment and getting them spayed/neutored and adopted.

forum member "sugar" aka kathy, is working like a dog (no pun intended) to help the beasts on aruba. she and her small band of volunteers
    are very dedicated and have put their own lives pretty much on hold, as to help the animals and build the arf-aruba organization.

forum member "billstellar" aka stella, lives half the year on aruba. like kathy, when on island she too works like a dog.

both of these women and their husbands bought homes in aruba years ago. kathy is full time resident and stella is part time. almost every waking moment of their aruba lives is dedicated to the animals.
    i wish that i were as unselfish as they.

they have earned their spot in heaven.

they never say no when offered assistance and they and their group of volunteers are most grateful.

It is encouraging to see certain animal rights developments here in Aruba. Over the past several weeks, post Aruba has delivered the following preprinted flyer in the mailboxes of homes here. It is printed in English and Papiamento. Here is the exact text from the flyer:

On January 1st, 2015, the new Dog Act, adopted unanimously by Aruban Parliament, will take power.

If you own a dog, what does this mean for YOU???

1. YOU must always keep your dog on YOUR terrain! If your terrain (or a plot on your terrain ) is not completely fenced, you must use a dog run cable (at least 10 meters long ) or a dog run ( of at least 2 meters high and 7m2 for free movement of the dog.

2. Outside your terrain, your dog must be on a leash.

3. You are obligated to provide proper care for your dog. This means: daily sufficient and balanced food; drink water always available; shelter from sun, rain and wind; and medical care of a veterinarian when needed.

4. Animal abuse, including dog fighting, is punishable as a criminal offense.

Breaking this law can result in a fine, incarceration of the owner, and/or confiscation of your dog.

Plataforma Ley di Cacho, a joint effort of the government, NGOs and the private sector, promotes responsible dog ownership. For more information about the Dog Act or how to be a responsible dog owner, visit us at www.plataformaleydicacho.org or www.facebook.com/plataformaleydicacho.

It will be interesting to see how this law is applied and what difference it will make. Let's hope for the best

Aruba since 1979
    re: keeping their dogs on a leash and neutering and spaying.............
    it is a cultural thing.
    many many many people is many countries do not believe in neutering (they do not like to demasculate their dogs) is demasculate a word?
    not all countries are like the usa, canada, uk and others where dogs and cats are treated very differently.

Thanks Andrea and Peg for the kind words. There are lots of puppies, just check our facebook page. Go to our website, www.arf-aruba.com and click on the facebook link. We have over 20 puppies right now. Some are still on the street because we need more fosters in Aruba. About 3 weeks ago when I was at CDM, a tourist reported a puppy in a paint bucket on the side of the road in front of Divi Links. I left CDM to check it out. There was an paint bucket on its side with 2 little puppies inside. Luckily, 2 friends staying at ABC will adopt them. They are sooo cute..Bon and Bini. They were loaded with ticks, but are getting stronger every day.
    We really hope the new dog law makes a difference, but I think it will get worse before it gets better. There have been awareness campaigns all over the island to get ready for the new law.
    As far as collars, I put collars on the street and beach dogs so that they don't get picked up and taken to the kill cage. We always hope some one will come along and adopt them.