Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Armed Robbery at Kay Jewelers at Palm Beach

Quote Originally Posted by miky2884 View Post
    Very unnerving, I live in CT where the school shooting just occurred. My wife and I are looking forward to our trip to Aruba to get away from all these kind of things. I hope they dont continue if they do it maybe time to choose a different destination. Before anyone says it I know things like this happen everywhere. But they don't normally happen in Aruba and that's why we come to this island.

Yes very unnerving but have you been to any other islands? Aruba still the safest of the lot. We were in Barbados a few years ago and my DH was walking right in front our hotel where a fight broke out and guns were drawn. Curacao, you can't walk the streets at night anywhere (owner of a rsnt that was 3 blocks from our hotel drove us back). Jamaica, most people stay in their resort as is the case in Mexico and Antigua. I could go on and on...

Is this upsetting, of course, but to say its time to consider another destination? Look around at the other islands and I don't think you will find what you are looking for.

JUST MY OPINION!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I totally agree with you. I have been to other island and you are correct must are alot more unsafe then Aruba. My wife and I every year say we are going to change it up and do jost van dyke or one of those islands but our safety is what draws back to Aruba (among other thinbgs as well) I just would hate to see the island loose that advantage over other places.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I agree about Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua and Mexico. Can't answer for Curacao. I have no problem whatsoever walking around Aruba at nite by myself, driving anywhere in Aruba. Actually that is one of the first things I tell people why I love it so much, I can do all those things and feel totally safe. No place is perfect but if I'm going to a foreign land, I have to say I think Aruba is probably in the top 5 in safety in a foreign place and probably number one as far as islands go.

Along the lines of where some of us have been... has anyone here experienced the Bahamas, specifically Freeport? I'm wondering if it's the situation of the resort(s) being "enclosed" with, ahem, "security wire"... I've heard from many friends that have travelled of this being the case in some places in Jamaica and Barbados... anyone know anything about Bahamas?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    although off topic
    we have been to freeport on cruise stops a number of times

i can say i would not walk the streets, even the main streets at night.

why don't you go over to off topic and pose the question there mike?
    you may get a bunch of opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Along the lines of where some of us have been... has anyone here experienced the Bahamas, specifically Freeport? I'm wondering if it's the situation of the resort(s) being "enclosed" with, ahem, "security wire"... I've heard from many friends that have travelled of this being the case in some places in Jamaica and Barbados... anyone know anything about Bahamas?

Thanks Andrea....
    You know, normally I would, but I get the feeling I'm going to hear the same thing from most everyone that takes the time to respond... therefore, I won't bother.

I'll just hope things "level out" in paradise...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

aruba herald newspaper online is a good source of news

Aruba since 1979
    thread is now closed all that is known has been posted

if there are any updates i will be sure to open and get info posted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12