Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Armed Robbery of Money Truck

Does anyone have any additional information on this reported robbery?

ORANJESTAD – Money transporters of a security service in Eagle barely escaped the bullets of two raiders last Friday evening. The first shots were fired the moment the collecting clerks stepped out of their armoured vehicle to deliver a great amount of money they have collected, to their office. The clerks managed to reach their office unhurt. At least nine shots were fired. The police immediately closed off the area and started with the investigation together with the atraco-team and the technical criminal investigation department. They found some cartridges. Most of the bullets were shot in the wall. In the picture, some members of the investigation team entering the office to listen to the collecting clerks’ account.

The original article can be found here http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/03/31/...empt-in-aruba/

This is a summation of an article which appeared in yesterday's English language version of Amigoe. Pretty much a standard armed robbery with shots fired just like we have here in the US.

FWIW, scaredmonkeys.com, though it serves other purposes, is an anti-Aruba propoganda website cheering for the collapse of the Aruban economy and the death of Aruba tourism. An example of their Aruba "headlines":

WOW.....Thank-you arubalisa!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I read the Aruba today and nothing was mentioned! I will try a little more sleuthing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tds-ken View Post
    Wow, I read the Aruba today and nothing was mentioned! I will try a little more sleuthing!!!
    Note to Ken... aim towards http://www.amigoe.com/english/

Aruba Today = light fluffy tourist news
    Amigo = hard news

Note to Margaret Wever , if you are out there reading this, many of us are desperately waiting an online combination of both of the above in the form of your newspaper THE NEWS. I am sure EBB will second the motion as well as others.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Note to Margaret Wever , if you are out there reading this, many of us are desperately waiting an online combination of both of the above in the form of your newspaper THE NEWS. I am sure EBB will second the motion as well as others.
    YES I DO!!!! I Second that.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

It is said over and over!! Thanks Arubalisa!!!!

I am going to check it out, I really appreciate your help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tds-ken View Post
    It is said over and over!! Thanks Arubalisa!!!!

I am going to check it out, I really appreciate your help!!!!
    Amigo has not been updated since I believe Tuesday, but they are pretty good about their updates.

I would imagine that when you live in paradise, there probably is not THAT much news anyway. Weather is pretty, no rain, sun is shining, cooling breezes...life is good.