Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Armed robbery Thursday dec. 20

Hi
    We witnessed an armed robbery last Thursday around 11am and was wondering if they caught anyone. Two guys on a motorcycle drove up to a BMW stuck in traffic on the main st. In front of the cruise ships and banged on the driver's. window with a gun. They took the passenger's purse and then drove away. We were in the car behind them. People were running for cover. Middle of the day, loads of witnesses.....

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach

needs to stop

This is like the 3 in a month... what is going on? Authorities need to step up to the plate and STOP these guys NOW...
    Arubas reputation is on the line... it was known to be one of the Safest Island to visit...

Aruba since 1979
    i have been searching the different news agencies for information/substantiate this report.
    i will continue to research and if nothing found i will have to delete the thread.

please, if someone has a link to a news article related to this, please post.

thanks
    andrea

Aruba since 1979

from my friend A.S. that lives on Aruba

"I found this on awe24.com- they rode a scooter to Madiki. I also read that the atraco team has arrested 4 suspects of robbery, but they have not tied them to a specific case. The police are working overtime on this."

................Diahuebs mainta a drenta informe di un caso di intento di atraco na Oranjestad, mesora a pasa informacion y detaye pa tur patruya riba caminda. A bin resulta cu 2 persona maculino riba un scooter Gilera preto pasando riba L.G. Smith Blvd banda di Paddock a para banda di un auto di un pareha turista y a menasa nan y kier a comete atraco riba nan y despues e scooter aki cual ta uno preto sin number a bay pabao y despues bira pa coy rumbo mMadiki. Ta trata di 2 sospechoso di cual esun patras ta un persona scur cu tabata tin un flanel blauw bisti. Esun cu tabata core e scooter tabata tin un helm color di plata.

i have checked everywhere on the internet and haven't found anything... including the aruba herald. this type of robbery happens in buenos aires quite often but was unaware that it happens in aruba. joey, the owner of the seabreeze apt, said that this was the first that he has heard of this type of robbery. also the folks at amigo car rental said the same. there is crime everywhere and we definitely will not change our plans to return to aruba in january with our adult kids, but my question now is why wasn't this reported in the media? i know the victims reported it because they stopped at the valero station at the circle (i think they were too freaked out to stop earlier) and then while we pumped gas into our amigo rental, people showed up and took photos of the car. we assumed they were police. why delete the thread?

Aruba since 1979
    i did not delete the thread.
    i got the verifying on the awe24 news site and from a friend on island

as i said if we could not get verification/substantiate, then i would delete the thread............
    reason being.....it is unproductive to have rumors flying about.

also there are people that take joy in creating internet disharmony so we like to follow thru.
    clearly you do not have an agenda, just to let us know what happened.

but we have to make sure we are careful when this kind of news is posted. we want to make sure it is fact.
    (boy i kinda do wish that it was just a rumor)

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

and yes, it was reported in the awe 24 and i assume the diario.

re: the tourist newspapers............they rarely report news of this nature.
    (aruba hearld, morning news, aruba today aruba daily)

btw, you must have been frightened to death witnessing this!

Quote Originally Posted by jackieling View Post
    i have checked everywhere on the internet and haven't found anything... including the aruba herald. this type of robbery happens in buenos aires quite often but was unaware that it happens in aruba. joey, the owner of the seabreeze apt, said that this was the first that he has heard of this type of robbery. also the folks at amigo car rental said the same. there is crime everywhere and we definitely will not change our plans to return to aruba in january with our adult kids, but my question now is why wasn't this reported in the media? i know the victims reported it because they stopped at the valero station at the circle (i think they were too freaked out to stop earlier) and then while we pumped gas into our amigo rental, people showed up and took photos of the car. we assumed they were police. why delete the thread?