Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By Retagger
  • 4 Post By Andrea J.
  • 3 Post By __steve__
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14
  • 4 Post By Mr. Ratt

Thread: Arrest of Murder Suspect

Arrest of Murder Suspect

Great job by the Aruba Police. But how did he get back into Aruba?

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/05/04/t...edown-in-aruba

A suspected killer tied to a Regent Park gang feud that has left a trail of bodies in its wake has been nabbed in a gunpoint takedown in Aruba.

Details were not immediately clear, but news outlets on the Caribbean island report three men and two women were arrested Tuesday after a police chase that ended with a suspect vehicle upside down in a ditch.
    Toronto Sun sources confirm one of the suspects — seen in photos on 24ora.com being dragged from the rolled car by cops and handcuffed — is Michael “Teddy” Gibson.

The 30-year-old is wanted for the murder of Julian Weekes, 29, who was gunned down outside a bar on Queen St. E., near Parliament St., April 2, 2016. Weekes was leaving a memorial for Ceyon Carrington, 29, who was shot dead days earlier in Leslieville.
    Carrington and Weekes are among six murder victims — including an innocent grandmother — killed between March 23, 2016, and Feb. 11, 2017, in a bloody feud between the Sick Thugz and an offshoot known as the Halal Gang.

Michael Gibson, whose relative Marcus Gibson is among those victims, remains in custody in Aruba.
    Toronto Police are aware of his arrest but are not commenting at this point.
    Canada has an extradition treaty with Aruba, but cops here may have to wait in line because Gibson is caught up in what appears to be a homicide investigation on the tiny island off the coast of Venezuela.

Aruba since 1979
    to be even more clear....in case folks do not read the article

1. the regent park gang is in canada NOT aruba

2. those murdered victims listed were murdered in canada, NOT aruba.

my IN box and fb messages have been dinging and flashing tonight with folks asking about this.

kudos to aruba police.

This canadian murderer chose one of the worst places to flee to for avoiding being caught

Hey folks....
    Here's the poop....
    Regent Park is like, how do I put this.... uh, Chicago Lite....
    It's one of our "melting pots" here in Toronto.
    And, it was "a" Regent Park gang, not "the" Regent Park gang... yeah we have those issues here in the squeaky clean north too.
    You'll notice the names Sick Thugz and Halal Gang....
    Something of a race war happening up here and you folks don't even hear about it.

And, lastly, that's Canadian with a Capital C, thanks so much.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post

And, lastly, that's Canadian with a Capital C, thanks so much.
    Please remember that some of us are posting from mobile devices where grammar and punctuation is not always the easiest to get right. While I appreciate you sharing your knowledge on the topic, I was completely turned off by the "grammar police" comment.

Aruba since 1979
    Well said ms traceyd

speaking for myself, i am on and iPad or iPhone a good part of the day.
    I was insulted by the grammar policing.

What is "Chicago lite "?

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Please remember that some of us are posting from mobile devices where grammar and punctuation is not always the easiest to get right. While I appreciate you sharing your knowledge on the topic, I was completely turned off by the "grammar police" comment.

I will attempt to clarify. Regents Park in Toronto is an area that has subsidized housing and unfortunately has attracted a number of young men without great opportunities in life. Consequently, not all but many have got involved in criminal activity.....drugs, fencing stolen property etc. There have been significant efforts on the part of community policing to bring about some change. It may happen but the situation has been ingrained in the younger residents for years.

I want to emphasize that not everyone in Regents Park is a criminal or bad. It is just that there is a problem in the area related to lack of employment and personal financial and educational situations.

Regents Park is unique and should not be compared to other depressed areas

Thanks John, that pretty much summed it up in wonderfully polite terms.

And, apologies to those who took offense to the grammar correction, I hadn't thought of the input issue with mobile devices.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com