Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Arriving 6/27

Arriving 6/27

My family and I will be arriving at The Marriott Ocean Club 6/27, haven't been to Aruba in over 5 years. Can anyone suggest new restaurants? Also, is there a trick to securing a hut on the beach?

Aruba since 1979
    i think RANDI will be able to answer your question about the huts at the Marriott.

Old Man and the Sea Passions Screaming Eagle are some new restaurants that are very romantic beautiful delicious and somewhat pricey. (but well worth it)

then there is my favorite Madam Janette that has been around for about 10 yrs

new restaurants pam pam which is very reasonably priced and delicious

andrea

ok, here I am on the huts subject!!
    We stay at the Surf Club but the procedures are pretty much the same. First thing you need to do is decide if you want to pay ($15 per day) for the hut or get a free one.

The free ones you must stand in line for on a daily basis. Some people do not care for that so they pay. Free ones = getting up rather early and standing (actually sitting in a chair) in line and waiting for the hut to open around 7 or 7:30am and get a hut assigned. If you snooze, you loose!

The ones that you pay for tend to be a little easier, sort of! You can reserve for 2 days and then after your second day you can then reserve for another two days. There is an art to this. As soon as you check in and they give you your room or card for charging, march yourself down to the beach and get your huts reserved. Now my experience is December where life is crazy so June it should be much better. We generally prefer the huts at the beginning of our vacation and then once we get a tan, we don't worry so much about burning (still put on TONS) of sunscreen. Once your two days are up you will need to do the line thing again for the next two days. I believe they start handing out the reserved huts around 10 or 10:30am. Grab a coffee bright and early and have a seat in line early (but not as earlcy as the free huts) and wait for them to open to do your next two days.

Once you get your assigned hut (free or reserved) go down and get your two chairs set up and bring with you your towel (at the surf club they are using cards) and establish your area. Please don't be greedy!! Then go back up to your room and have breakfast, coffee, whatever and then come back down. However, they are getting a little more observant on the people who leave their hut unattended for hours on end. Don't be surprised if you do that the hut will be reassigned.
    Plan your outings based on hut availability. If you get your huts for two days, then may be use the day inbetween to go shopping, sight seeing, touring. All of those things can be done once you get to Aruba. The only thing I would plan ahead is with your dinners.

I know it sounds crazy but you will love the Ocean Club. If you don't care about a hut, lots of room for the lounges. Just don't wait until 10:30 or 11:am to come down and expect a oceanside spot.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    omg
    i am glad that you gave this person the lowdown on the huts.

what a procedure!

The ones that you pay for tend to be a little easier, sort of!
    Vacations shouldn't have to be so complicated.

LOL!

And that was the short version!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

A few other restaurants that I have enjoyed are Chino Latino (new), B-55 (down past the airport next to the drive-in theatre) and of course, my favorite - Bingo's (open for lunch and dinner - short taxi ride from where you are staying).

We have enjoyed Yemanja, Chef's Table, Casa Tua. My son's (who is 14) favorites are El Gaucho and L.G. Smiths. Now my daughter (just turned 21) has her favorite of Que Pasa!!

There are a lot of really fantastic restaurants.

Enjoy!