Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: ARUBA again? Really? Why not someplace else?

We usually take about 4 vacation trips a year and make sure that at least one of them is a new destination. The other trips (usually Europe since we've seen most of the U.S. and most of Mexico now) are filled with alot of fun and alot of activity because we love to see/do new things, meet new people, etc. But we still make our annual treks to Aruba to just "do nothing", relax, and re-charge the batteries.

If we could only take one vacation a year though (hope that never happens! ), we would probably only visit Aruba every couple of years. As much as I love it, there is too much of the world to see and experience. I went ziplining on a canopy tour just this past weekend in Northern MN near Lake Superior - I STILL have a smile on my face from that experience and being able to see the land (lakes, 300 yr old trees, etc.) from that high up as I flew through the air.

But still looking forward to Aruba in do a little bit of nothing.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    We usually take about 4 vacation trips a year
    We aren't that lucky, have vacations only one month a year. But it has a lot to do with our labour laws.

and make sure that at least one of them is a new destination.
    We usually do this as well. Last year we went to Argentina because I did want to walk on the Perito Moreno glacier.

But I also love returning to places I already know. Back in 2010 my parents, Cristina and I travelled through Europe (the original purpose was visiting my brother in Ireland), and my father and I made sure we could return to places we've visited and loved (Rome, Florence and Prague for me, Vienna and Paris for my father).

If we could only take one vacation a year though (hope that never happens! ), we would probably only visit Aruba every couple of years.
    I caught myself discussing another Caribbean trip with my wife a couple of days ago And yes, given the chance, we would return to Aruba (but including some days in Curaçao and Bonaire too), despite the fact that there are so many Caribbean islands to discover.

We didn't rule out other options (there are direct flights from Brazil to Barbados, and we can reach other Caribbean destinations connecting in Panama City or Bogota), but in these cases we would have to redefine the purpose of our trip (let's say combining beach time with something else, like historical sites).

Only when I meet someone new and I talk about Aruba do they ask me why I return. Because I was born on "The Rock" as we call it, I return every year because it is home, because of the wonderful people, because of the memories, the wind, sand, beautiful Caribbean Sea and so many other reasons. I have introduced this wonderful island to many friends and now they also own timeshares at Playa Linda. They are getting asked, why do you return to Aruba. They are hooked like so many of you. And my three grandsons look forward to their Aruba trip every year. And I hope this tradition continues.

i'll explain how much we love this island, been self employed 25 years, i'm blessed that we are able to visit every couple months.
    at this time in my life if i was offered 4 times greater the income working for someone with limited vacation, i would pass, the time spent with my wife, family, and friends on the island is priceless..

i just tell my friends in the uk....i am going home...well i hope it will one day i do intend to live in aruba, sooner rather than later...there is nowhere where you can get the feeling of pure relaxation even after a long flight,,we have so many friends in aruba to .. I email them they email yes i am going home on the 17th spetember for 4 weeks...

Eagle beach
    One of my best friends kept asking me "Why do you go to the same place, Aruba, each year ? I don't get it." We took her with us last year. She cried when she saw Eagle beach and is now going again this year. She loves it....She now understands and is" hooked" and just loves "paradise". She now answers the questions about Aruba to our other friends . I just smile and glad we can share it with her. Count down...9 days and I still get so excited....Can't wait for the beaches and most beautiful sunsets.

Buffam's Tropical Haven, Eagle Beach, Tulip, Salt & Pepper
    I agree with all of you that is just comfortable in Aruba. For some reason, from the first time I saw pics of Aruba years ago, I knew I wanted to go just looked so amazing. When it was time to plan my sixith birthday trip, I was looking at both Aruba and Cancun. Thank God I picked Aruba! That first trip in Feb., 2011 was the best and most relaxing vacation ever. When it was time to book our trip for our 30th anniversary, same year in Oct., we had originally planned on doing a Panama Canal or Hawaii cruise. We looked at each other, and said...back to Aruba! We feel like we have friends there now and it feels like putting on a comfortable pair of old shoes. So now....we have my "celebrating retirement" trip planned for next Feb., and yes....we are headed back to Aruba! This time bringing one of my best friends and her husband, so that they will also understand the "why go back?". I still have many places I would like to see (God willing), but I know my third time back to Aruba won't be the last....I'll have to return "home" soon enough.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234