Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Is aruba busy

Wink Is aruba busy

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE THERE NOW I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS. ARE THE RESTAURANTS BUSY? IS THIER MUCH TRAFFIC? ARE THIER MANY PEOPLE AND ARE THE HOTELS FULL? WILL BE THIER 2/10 TO 2/28 FOR OUR 23rd TRIP.

Hotel occupancy is down about 20% right now for the high season.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    we have been home for a week
    we were in aruba jan 8 - 22 and noticed that the "crowds" were down.

according to my sources (resorts staff and madam janette staff and 2 aruba police officers) they all say that the time period in january that we were there....................at least 25% down .

cerry croes, a taxi driver told us that he has seen no drop in his business. so that is in direct disagreement of the observations of the prior paragraph.

i suspect that for the time period in february that you mention, you will see crowds, but maybe not as crowded as in prior years when the economy was better.

andrea

As a travel agent I can tell you our Aruba business is down at least 10 to 15% and this is to be High Season.

I never seen it so slow

I have to admit after 13 years on the island I see that everywhere is down. Taxi's are working longer hours to make their quota everyday where as last year at this time many restaurants had an hour wait or hotels were full. I have a friend staying at Marriott and I was in shock to see that the beach chairs are empty and not big crowds in the lobby. As per tourists I have to agree that Aruba is going to feel the impact. When I go grocery shopping I see many tourists filling up their carts to save on going out to eat.
    Carnival season is here and it should be a busy month.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Well there are still the cruise ships coming in which may explain no loss in business for the taxis. It has been quieter than other seasons.
    But when two or more cruise ships come in it's busy

I always plan around their arrival by looking at
    www.arubabysea.com