Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Tom and Stanley
  • 3 Post By Traceyd14

Thread: Aruba Citizenship

Aruba Citizenship

Is it true that once you have visited Aruba for 10 or more times that you are eligible to become Aruba citizens? If so, anyone know where I can find the paperwork so we can fill out prior to our trip in May?
    This will be trip #11..

Quote Originally Posted by Divi chic View Post
    Is it true that once you have visited Aruba for 10 or more times that you are eligible to become Aruba citizens? If so, anyone know where I can find the paperwork so we can fill out prior to our trip in May?
    This will be trip #11..
    You have not quite the real story. You need to have 10 years of permanent residency on the island and be able to speak Dutch and Popemento (not spelled correct) before you can apply for citizenship. . . Takes a little more than being a tourist for over 10 years. . . . Sorry. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Perhaps you are thinking of the Distiguished Guest program? I just copied and pasted this from this site:
    Distinguished Guests are loyal Aruba visitors and are therefore honored with a certificate of appreciation for their loyalty. To receive this honoring the visitor must have visited Aruba for 10 consecutive years or more. Please note that although appreciated, 10 or more visits per year cannot be considered as valid.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Thanks for the answers!!! Much appreciated..