Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

ARUBA.COM hooked...why???

OK, ok, ok....I have to tell everyone that I am on this site 4 + times a day just to read new posts. I get like this when we get close to our vacation.
    You have to know our group to understand this insanity. We travel with 27 people, one as young as 17 months( who has been 3x already) and have 2 weeks of total relaxation. We talk about this trip for an entire year, poor over old video's and pictures, and plan what restaurants we will eat in a year in advance.
    Every year someone in our group buys another week of timeshares. We have been going for 11 years and the excitment gets better every year. I yank my 2 teen daughters out of school for an xtra week because family time is very important to us. SO....everyone out there, BEAR with me....my excitment is HIGH !

Smile

Hey, Cindy - Not to worry - we all get that way! I'm counting down - only 13 days to go and already frantic with anticipation. Enjoy - the planning is so much fun!
    Last edited by Aruba4Me; 03-14-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Ticket is wrong! Gotta fix it.
    Paula

August 20 - we'll be b-a-a-a-c-k at the Ocean Club!

WE're all the same!! My kids say I am OBSESSED! I just came back from our second winter vacation in Aruba this year and I can't wait until next winter to go back!! This is like talking to old friends and keeping in touch with our second home.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We are living your excitement right along side of you.

Cindyo --

You guys sure do know how to do spring break !!

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
    Cindyo --

You guys sure do know how to do spring break !!

You are not kidding Auntie! Does anyone think she needs to submit her dinner choices to us in advance for review?

Koodos to you, I "excuse" my kids out of school occasionally for family time as well. The memerios of family time are a lesson much more important than any one or too given days in school. To spend that time in paradise is even greater. Have fun

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!
    Yes please submit your restaurant choices....I want to hear.
    I do the same thing, visit like an addict for new posts. I love it and everyone is so spirited. I'm excited for all of you and ourselves too...(okay, I wouldn't be as happy if we weren't going..i can't lie:).
    Another factor in our excitement is that we don't normally go away w/o our kids. We did a couple of years ago, to Aruba. Every day there are practices and every minute revolves around them and honestly I feel no guilt on this trip w/o them. They are teens and driving us out of our minds. Everyone plays sports and does well in school because we try our best to support (drive their asses everywhere) their busy-ness. I know we'll miss it all someday but now, we need to re-fuel, ourselves and our marriage. What better place than Aruba?
    From other posts it sounds like you can all relate to where we are in life and I'm very thankful for it...(stepping down from my soap box)

I'm flat out killing myself at the gym, running on the treadmill like a crazy woman to get in shape for my bathing suit...I've shaved almost a minute off my time, cause God knows the first trip bathing suit shopping was not pretty

I have Bob Marley on my ipod and I listen everyday just to put me in the island spirit
    I just pray nothing happens to keep us from the trip, like something w/ arrangements I made for one of my kids. So far so good, but ya never know!!

That got very random I know, but oh well..only 3 weeks!!

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!
    After I posted, I realized that you guys were talking about how family time is important and you take your kids out of school..(shhh, that's our little secret).
    Kudos to all of you, really. That wasn't why I posted what I did about leaving our little darlings at home. Family time is important to us to...we just need a break. Do you guys ever feel that way?

Our family does the same exact thing - in April we will return for our 7th trip. We begin planning the next trip the day we get home. We know every restaurant we will eat at - favorites are Tango, Blossoms, Sunset Grille and Cafe Japengo. We love to reminisce about favorite rituals( ie lunch and bingo by the pool and cocktails before dinner in the lobby). Although i cannot check out this forum until we get close to departure - it is too depressing knowing what we are missing out on. I get too jealous of people who will be going when i have to wait 10 months to return.

My daughter who is 8 is just as hooked - she will not hear of going anywhere else for vacation - she chooses Aruba over Disney world everytime.

Well we depart in 31 days and i have already started organizing the kids clothes - going shopping tomorrow for new bathing suits and will be ready to pack our bags!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast