Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hooked On Aruba!

We leave tomorrow for our 10th consecutive year, my daughter is so lucky, as she doesn't know what it's like not to visit Aruba at least once a year (she'll be 10 in a couple of days!). We too value the family time, and always "excuse" our kids out of school, as there is no more important lesson than spending time with your family. We all just can't wait to get down to our 2nd home.......

We have been taking our three kids to Aruba as a family holiday for close to 10 years now during the two weeks at Christmas. We bought a 3rd week to use just for us without our kids. We finally went this year without our kids in Feb. and loved every minute of it. A different holiday definately but wonderful just the same!! Our teenaged kids were so jealous but they understood that this was "our" time. We went with another couple and can't wait to do it again. Our trips to ARuba with our kids have been wonderful and full of special moments and memories that they will remember but now we are making our own memories too and it is just as special.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I have only been to Aruba for a day on a cruise, and my fiancee will be visiting for her first time in September. That being said, I have become addicted to this site as well! I just want to know every thing about this little island of paradise when we arrive in 169 days on our honeymoon. Reading the posts on this site makes me feel warm in the awful winter months of Pittsburgh, PA, which unfortunately includes March!

After we get married and start having little ones, they will be coming with us on trips, just like my parents did for me when I was younger. The family time is important, but there is a lot to be said for learning outside the bricks and mortar. In Aruba you can do star gazing, animal watching, learn about the tides, see sea life in it's element, and so much more. Other places throughout the world have so many learning points, too. Even traveling 33 miles from home can teach lessons you'll never see at home in school.
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lou and Nay....Well, when the kids come its a bit tough at first traveling to aruba, but, it makes for a memorable time. We have 2 babies ( 16 mnts) and several tots with us this time around, and its so much fun hanging, floating, digging in the sand with them. We are on the plane with 1 baby and 1 toddler this time around. The kids go out on Palm Pleasure with us, to kareoke at the marriott with us, all fine restuarants...most of the time they crash in the carriages....Look what you get to look forward to after your wedding, and perhaps your next trip to the island.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    While I type, so does my husband, he's joining right now....see him at rob o, or see his pic here...
    Anyway, our plans for the week are as follows...
    Iguana Joes- ritual of day one arrival, love those Iguana ice tea's,or pink iguana's. Bringing our neighbors with us for their first time trip to our 1st nite location. It is also our last night dinner location...Also, we show them the lay of the land so to speak. OTher dinning locations include: Bingo's, Mirandi's, Suisse Chalet, Salt and Pepper breakfasts, Palm Pleasure 2x, (adult sunset cruise week 1,kids snorkel week 2) Gilligans, Villa Germania, Paddock, El guacho, Laguana, Balsahi tour, rent a car for 3 days, Renew our vows( 15th)Pinchos for drinks, Sunset Bistro for drinks, La Tratorria for pizza, tomato charlies for pool delivery, and whatever else strikes us....all with 27 people....Go figure....We have a motto...come if you'd like, if not everyone is in charge of their own fun...That way no one is mad at anyone for not being included. We do a spread sheet and its avail. to everyone in our party. We have a reservation date and eveyone knows in advance. Come or not...you decide...So....25 days....
    My clothes are spread out all over our room, the kids have been collecting swim suits..( mom 8 is not enough..), husband is on the liquour thing, nieces and nephews call on a daily basis...Yes, we are psyched....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12