Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Aruba.com vs Facebook

Aruba since 1979
    IF you happen to look at aruba.com's main page (not the forum page), you will see that an update has happened.
    also too, the update is NOT complete.
    also too, the forum has not been updated.

more updates coming. (patience is not one of my virtues)

forum access is not available from the aruba app
    please add aruba.com/forum to your smart device by going to www.aruba.com/forum log in and hit SAVE or Remember me then, move it to your home screen

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    So here is my thought...
    Many people have Facebook on their smart phone and can look at it quickly and easily. Making comments is done with ease because of the ability of opening up the app. However, with Facebook the questions and answers are always the same!! On Aruba.com each thread is categorized so it is easier for people to look things up. Usual questions are restaurants and on aruba.com it is much easier to go back and read people's comments.
    So my question or suggestion is why doesn't aruba.com community forum have an app which would lend me and I am sure others to post on a more regular basis.
    Time to update this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

forum access is not available from the aruba app
    please add aruba.com/forum to your smart device by going to www.aruba.com/forum log in and hit SAVE or Remember me then, move it to your home screen
    So now back to my original point, if the aruba.com/forum had its own app that was easily accessible I believe you would have more people posting on a more regular basis. I think that "we" need to move with the times and if "you" don't then "you" will get left behind. As I said, I go to my facebook aruba pages many times a day but not even daily on this forum anymore because it is on my computer in my home office.
    Many people on this forum do check regularly but if you want to attract more new people and younger people, imo that is what needs to be done!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    “You?”
    unsure who you is

as I said in a previous posting there are updates happening.

Also depends on “your” view. Full site view is not really made for smart devices, but I am more comfortable having all options available.

Guess I'll get left behind once I can't post from one of my 3 laptops, my computer at work, my Kindle Fire and my smartphone from almost anywhere in the world. You can't imagine how terrible it is being an old behind the times guy... sheesh...

I'm hoping to have my laptop in good working condition for my next trip, because it will be so much easier to make posts to the forum. I tried making posts via my Smartphone and my Kindle and it was frustrating. If I have to rely on my phone I will have to type up the post, then log into the forum, highlight the post, copy and past it into the forum. Either that or use the desktops at the resort.

Administrator
    Hi all, good morning all. Wishing you a great day today.

Just wanted to provide an update on the above comments.

As you may have noticed, the site has been revamped, a project that has taken considerable time and funding. The initial phases are now in place but there are still so many features that will be implemented in the coming weeks. Check out the site often to keep updated!

Part of the project entails the revamping of the forum as well, mainly the upgrade to newer software including a new look and feel. The new software does have the option for mobile application of the forum, HOWEVER, we still have to look into the capabilities, requirements and limitations of these, so we still need to evaluate the implementation of this and will do so in the coming weeks.

We're doing our best to accommodate all requests and comments from our users in order to provide everyone with a more personalized and unique experience.

If you have more comments, recommendations or feedback, do not hesitate to provide these to us.

Thank you so much and wishing you all a great day from sunny Aruba ;-)

Thank you Rayon!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    exactly as jacki says

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12