Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

aruba.com vs. visitaruba.com ??

This might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between the 2 sites ?
    I have logged into visitaruba.com recently and it seems like the 2 sites are exactly alike, right down to the bones.
    While I enjoy this site and have no reason to "leave" I was wondering do people post the same questions on both?

Thanks for enlightening me....cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between the 2 sites ?
    I have logged into visitaruba.com recently and it seems like the 2 sites are exactly alike, right down to the bones.
    While I enjoy this site and have no reason to "leave" I was wondering do people post the same questions on both?

Thanks for enlightening me....cindy
    Many of us are members of both. Sherry(there) and Andrea(here) are dedicated and great advocates for Aruba and for getting the information out there. Often posts are duplicated, especially the "for sale" and "wanted to buy or rent" types.
    There is enough difference to support both and keep things interesting.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

I visit EVERY site on Aruba- since I never been I try to learn everything i can- the visitaruba site has an extensive eating site. Lists each restruants in its own forum with reviews-- Each site may look the same--but each offers a newbie like me something different

Aruba since 1979
    The main difference is the sites that you are visiting are privately owned.
    Visitaruba is owned by a wonderful young couple Mark and Daphne. They own and operate Carib Media Mktg. My friend Sherry is the moderator "queen" and it is a terrific site and Sherry is a good friend.

The site owned by Melvin again is privately owned. I rarely visit that site, although i should! Our friend ~Amy~ is the moderator there and like Arubalisa, if she does not know the answer to a question, she will track down the answer come hell or high water!

Another site, the Aruba Forum is owned by Richard from Southern New Hampshire and moderated by one really cool lady, suzi. We go way back to the old AOL message board with some very interesting posters.

All of the sites mentioned again, are privately owned independant marketing/advertising and do great jobs.

This site, is the chief and only official site sponsored by the Aruba Tourism Authority, a government agency. (minister of Tourism is our BIG BOSS MAN) So when you see anything with the ATA logo on it, you will know it is the parent and chief administrator of this forum.

I encourage you, the members of this forum to visit the other sites. They are all good. They are all informative. All but this one are privately owned profitable media or marketing companies.

I hope Suzi, Amy and or Sherry can shed more light if i missed anything thing important or misspoke.

Andrea J.

Thank you so much for this explanation. I cruise thru the various sites and have noticed that the posters are the same in several places.
    Paula

August 20 - we'll be b-a-a-a-c-k at the Ocean Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

The site owned by Melvin again is privately owned. I rarely visit that site, although i should! Our friend ~Amy~ is the moderator there and like Arubalisa, if she does not know the answer to a question, she will track down the answer come hell or high water!
    What is the name of the site in the quote (owned by Melvin)?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Aruba since 1979
    tom,
    ty

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post

Thanks for the info on the boards, I know there's alot out there and I frankly don't know which is which as they seem to be the same kinda info...I'm perfectly HAPPY on this board, so that is where I will stay....anyway, gotta be here for my pals Andrea and Lisa.

OK...let me get this straight for sites out there....
    Aruba.com=ATA aprroved w/Andrea, Lisa and Liz
    Visitaruba=Mark and Daphne w/ Sherry private owned
    Aruba-Travelguide=Melvin w/ Amy privately owned
    Aruba Forum=Richard w/ Suzi privately owned
    What about Aruba Bound, is that Lisa's?
    Lots of info out there I never knew off.....THanks for keeping me informed. cindyo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast