Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Aruba Customs Regulations

Does anyone know where I can find the Aruba Customs Regulations online? I am an American who owns a home in Aruba. I was under the impression that I was allowed to bring with me into Aruba items for my home up to a maximum dollar amount without its being taxed. In this instance, I am bringing some power tools for work I have to do on my home. I would appreciate help. Thank you.

Hello Love the Island,

I too am from the US and own a home in Aruba. When our home was built several years ago, I brought over many power tools, electronic equipment, household goods, etc. in my check-in luggage with no problems. We were never stopped by customs. I guess we got lucky! We even brought over two ceiling fans that we would never find in Aruba. We have elite status with Continental Airlines (now United) and at the time, we were allowed two (2) checked bags each at 75lbs. During our visits, we would always bring four (4) bags with us packed with either tools or household goods.

Regards,

I hesitate to put the tools into my checked baggage as I have had items stolen from my luggage over the years. I will be packing the tools and it will not be in luggage so I know that Customs will stop me. I need to know the law and that was the reason for my inquiry. Thank you for your reply.

Could you ship the items to yourself or a friend in Aruba? Maybe with FedEx International or a similar company?

Hi "lovetheisland",
    I was just down to the island and checked 2 large suitcases full of tools for my move to the island and had no problem at all. I paid for the over weight and picked then up in the baggage area and went right thru customs. . . . This is the second time I have done this. . . .

Tom and Stanley