Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Aruba in December

I'm a veteran, having been going to Aruba for 38 years, and the last 15 years straight, but always in July-August. This year im going in December. Before the holidays, leaving Dec 7th, returning the 15th.
    I've already asked about the weather, i know its rainy season but in a past thread was told its just spurts and is nice most of the day. Although i still am a little nervous, weather.com shows rain every day.

But other questions
    Is it crowded in early December, comp,ared to the summer (i find it pretty crowded during the summer)
    Are reservations at the good restaurants, like MMe Jeannette harder to get, like do i need to reserve online before i get there?

And at the Marriott (Stellaris) is it just as tough to get a palapa? In them summer, you reserve for 3 days then you cant reserve for the next three days until the third day, and you have to wait in line forever starting at 3:30pm. We've always gotten around that by sharing a palapa with a friend who had their own room, but this year we are going alone. Will i have a problem getting a palapa without waiting on line every three days?

Any new restaurants worth checking out since last year, not too far out, like between the Marriott and downtown Orangestaadt?

Aruba since 1979
    here is the weather link.
    pretty much it is the most reliable.........http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php

that particular week in december is very quiet. (pretty quiet all fall from after labor day til dec 20, except for thanksgiving week)
    i cannot comment onmarriott palapas.
    restaurants should be easy to get into, but i would make a reservation just in case.

willehemena restaurant downtown is pretty new.
    it has been getting good reviews!
    Quote Originally Posted by pratoman View Post
    I'm a veteran, having been going to Aruba for 38 years, and the last 15 years straight, but always in July-August. This year im going in December. Before the holidays, leaving Dec 7th, returning the 15th.
    I've already asked about the weather, i know its rainy season but in a past thread was told its just spurts and is nice most of the day. Although i still am a little nervous, weather.com shows rain every day.

But other questions
    Is it crowded in early December, comp,ared to the summer (i find it pretty crowded during the summer)
    Are reservations at the good restaurants, like MMe Jeannette harder to get, like do i need to reserve online before i get there?

And at the Marriott (Stellaris) is it just as tough to get a palapa? In them summer, you reserve for 3 days then you cant reserve for the next three days until the third day, and you have to wait in line forever starting at 3:30pm. We've always gotten around that by sharing a palapa with a friend who had their own room, but this year we are going alone. Will i have a problem getting a palapa without waiting on line every three days?

Any new restaurants worth checking out since last year, not too far out, like between the Marriott and downtown Orangestaadt?

I'd highly recommend "Wlhelmina's" and "Kitchen Table". You'll need reservations particularly at KT which only has seating for sixteen.

We've been in November/December a few times and all the rain was around 5 am, brief and gone the second the sun comes out.

Agree with andrea on the weather link she provided. The big websites are useless when it comes to weather in Aruba.

Thank you guys. If anyone knows about the palapa situation at the Marriott Stellaris, please post. Although, doesn't really matter, I'm going in a week, and the palapa situation should be m biggest problem. lol