Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By arubamark
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 3 Post By Traceyd14

Thread: Aruba Diet Time

Aruba Diet Time

Hellllooooo all my friends!!! It's that time of the year where Arubamark likes to chime in and get caught up a bit. Sorry I am not on here more often but sometimes its just too darn depressing to read all year long when I am not there. OK so I have 6 weeks, just started my Aruba diet. Time to shed some lbs and get somewhat back into shape for vacation. The summer beers and fine foods here on the Jersey shore definately took its toll on me so now it's time to buckle down. Also time for me to catch up. Any recent pics of Ren island? Any new restaurants to recommend? I'll be spending some time searching, sorry just being lazy for now.

I hope all is well with everyone and their families.

Good to see you Good luck on that Aruba diet!

Amuse Bistro moved to where Arubaville was and now has some amazing atmosphere
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    welcome back mark

renaissance island did well, minimal damage.

ya...welcome to my world "diet time"

we will be in AUA @ Lacabana in a month.

i find that keeping online with aruba.com/forum keeps the depression at bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Hellllooooo all my friends!!! It's that time of the year where Arubamark likes to chime in and get caught up a bit. Sorry I am not on here more often but sometimes its just too darn depressing to read all year long when I am not there. OK so I have 6 weeks, just started my Aruba diet. Time to shed some lbs and get somewhat back into shape for vacation. The summer beers and fine foods here on the Jersey shore definately took its toll on me so now it's time to buckle down. Also time for me to catch up. Any recent pics of Ren island? Any new restaurants to recommend? I'll be spending some time searching, sorry just being lazy for now.

I hope all is well with everyone and their families.

Thanks Jacki and Andrea - I was there(Ren Island) when they started rebuilding. I was wondering if there was any after pics or recent pics that we could look at to see how it came out. We will be there Nov18-25th

Aruba since 1979
    there is a FB group solely for Renaissance timeshare.
    check it out.
    there are many photos there.
    i am a member of the group, however do not have permission to share the photos.

the new restaurant came out nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Thanks Jacki and Andrea - I was there(Ren Island) when they started rebuilding. I was wondering if there was any after pics or recent pics that we could look at to see how it came out. We will be there Nov18-25th

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    there is a FB group solely for Renaissance timeshare.
    check it out.
    there are many photos there.
    i am a member of the group, however do not have permission to share the photos.

the new restaurant came out nice.

Hmmmm - Yeah I remember being told this last year. I'm not of FB. I will try though. Thx

Did you check their website? I'm not sure if those are old or new pics. http://www.arubaprivateisland.com/re...ur-0-1-13.html

We are on the Aruba diet in our house too, with just about 9 weeks to go. Summer beers get us too! We had a major breakdown in communication yesterday over donuts. We definitely need a vacay!
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 10-04-2016 at 05:30 PM.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Mmmmm donuts...oh, wait - sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Mmmmm donuts...oh, wait - sorry
    You have no idea! A new franchise of Duck Donuts opened very close to our house. They are famous in the Outer Banks in NC. They are delicious. I told Jon if he keeps going there he's going to have to sit on my lap on the plane to Aruba because I will need both seats!
    Every year before we go, we do the Aruba diet and training so I can build up my knee strength...long story..but we do so much walking in Aruba, I need to prepare. So basically Aruba is saving my life thru diet and exercise
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!