Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Aruba since 1979

Aruba ....a different type of a travelguide.

a new "travel guide" with some "different" views....less advertised places.

by Aruba Resident: Rosalie Klein

ORANJESTAD — Yessterday the office staff of THE MORNING NEWS were rewarded with a delightful surprise. They each received a personally inscribed copy of Moon Handbook Aruba, by the writer and photographer of the book, TMN reporter Rosalie Klein.
    Moon Handbooks ( “The cure for the common trip” have been published by Avalon Travel, a member of the Perseus Book Group, for over three decades. Described as being for the “adventurous and budget-minded” the books focus on “out of the way” eateries and accommodations and rely on the insider’s knowledge of their authors. Their goal is to cover the pantheon of amenities available at a given destination, particularly the sort of independent operations that are rarely advertised heavily, but offer unique experiences.
    Ms. Klein was contracted to write Moon Handbook for Aruba in February of 2012, and after a year of editing and layout, the book is finally on bookshelves across the U.S., as well as every well-known Internet bookseller.
    Copies arrived on Aruba yesterday, and the first to receive them was Rosalie’s colleagues at The Morning News, an early Christmas gift to each from the author.
    “Writing the book has been an incredible learning experience for me,” commented Ms. Klein, “from many points of view. I discovered some wonderful little restaurants, a number of which have become my favorites, and adorable, out of the way accommodations. Since the finalized manuscript was handed in, there has been changes, which we tried to keep up with. Even since it was sent off to the printers, there has been an election. I do think that readers will find a more in-depth insight into island culture and history than most guides to date, as well as some great places to dine that are not listed in other books.”
    Aside from writing the book, as photographer for THE MORNING NEWS, and an ardent art photojournalist, Ms. Klein was able to provide all the pictures for the book, including the iconic cover photo. The book is 250 pages long, mostly in black and white, with a 32-page front section of color plates.
    Moon Handbook Aruba is sold on and will be available at select bookstores on Aruba. Those interested in purchasing an inscribed copy can contact the author at

Sounds awesome. Exactly what so many of us look for - the off the beaten path places. Can't wait to read it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    That sounds so cool. I may have to add that to my Christmas list.

I just ordered this from Amazon. Can't wait to get it!

Rosalie is a great photographer and a very nice person. Congratulations to her!
    rob o has left the forum, contact via e-mail at