Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Aruba...Diverse and Accepting Island

no problem
    I said uncle.. lol

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ricky56..
    Do you live on the island? I imagine your perspective is very different than ours if that is the case. Rob didn't want The post to head down the Joran road as that's another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    Please spare you, from what? why the aggressive post?
    Hoooold on, I simply stated my opinion on the island.

the comment about joran, that's a fact!
    actually my kids are very good friends with his brother. I don't need to use anyone!

as for recommending the island, this june, 45 family members, next year 70, I think that part has been covered?

Please spare you, from what? why the aggressive post?
    I asked to be spared from judgement of the island based on one incident, that subject strikes a nerve with me. Such judgement is, in a way, discrimination. Sorry if you feel that mine was an overly aggressive response, but I stand by my opinion that if you look for a fault, you'll find one. No place is without flaw.

i think that Aruba is a great "melting pot" and quite accepting. That doesn't mean that I blindly think that everything is perfect there, it means that I agree with the original observation and opinion that Aruba is inclusive and accepting in general and persons wondering if they'll be welcomed on the island should be comfortable that the answer is "yes". I trust you agree?

Peace.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Hmmmm. Well this thread certainly took a turn.The spouse and I have heard more about a class system in Aruba than racism. Mostly from Dutch waiters/waitresses who have some pretty pointed comments about locals who feel the service industry is "beneath them". Interesting considering where the majority of revenues come from on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The spouse and I have heard more about a class system in Aruba than racism. Mostly from Dutch waiters/waitresses who have some pretty pointed comments about locals who feel the service industry is "beneath them". Interesting considering where the majority of revenues come from on the island.
    That is interesting. I wonder what it is that those particular locals of whom you speak do and with whom those Dutch waiters/waitresses are interacting. I think that a lot of the Dutch are waitstaff are younger and just starting out? They likely aren't staying in hotels where there are hard working Arubans doing all sorts of work (maintenance workers, maids), nor are they taking taxis.

The nationality of waiters, waitresses or even store clerks seems to be largely related to the type of restaurant or store and in some cases (notably jewelry stores) a function of ownership nationality.

it is amazing what a variety of staff you run into: European, South American, Asian (Chinese, Indian), and Aruban, most of whom have adopted the "one happy island" attitude.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Wooow Andrea, I betcha never thought that NICE post you put would spin on it's head like this??? WT*

the island is what is it, beautiful, soothing to my soul, and a perfect as it will get in my mind.
    Love it or Leave it imop.❤️❤️❤️❤️

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha you are right cindy

i love discussion though especially respectful discussion

and i love rob's last sentence "it is amazing what a variety of staff you run into: European, South American, Asian (Chinese, Indian), and Aruban, most of whom have adopted the "one happy island" attitude."

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Wooow Andrea, I betcha never thought that NICE post you put would spin on it's head like this??? WT*

the island is what is it, beautiful, soothing to my soul, and a perfect as it will get in my mind.
    Love it or Leave it imop.❤️❤️❤️❤️

A waitress at Que Pasa, another was a waitress at The Aruban Chef and the third was a bartender at Cafe 080. You're right though: they were all young and Dutch on temporary work visas. They didn't say it maliciously... More observational. We chatted them up about how they found working in the Netherlands vs Aruba.

experience, mickey john, who??? he was the security guard at occidental, joran and friends decided, blame the black guy...

okay, My comment is based on the black community in aruba.

you don't believe dark skin experience racism on the island? they do...

this forum is a great place to share something we all have in common, LOVE ARUBA!!

Just because some psychopath decided to blame a black man for a murder certainly doesn't show that racism runs rampant on the entire island, although I'm sure there may be some discrimination between certain cultures. It happens everywhere, unfortunately.

Andrea....lock it. It is going nowhere and is only inciting a nasty discuusion

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast