Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aruba and email ettiquite

I am wondering about how emails are dealt with in the normal course of business in Aruba. I ask this as I have had to deal with a number of people and businesses by email. I find that many emails do not get any response. Is this because the business may not offer the service/product and therefore by not responding, they have responded?? I have experienced this with SETAR, Arubabank, Maduro Shipping and others.

What have others experienced with email response.

Aquaman

I tried contacting Zendri NV. This is the first time we are usuing this service (leaving our belongings in Aruba). They told us to email them 3 weeks before our arrival, which I did. I asked them to just return an email letting me know they received mine and I never heard back. We are arriving Sat. and hope I will have clothes to wear!

Aquaman I get a response from Aruba Bank within 24 hours but have not dealt with any of the other companies you have listed.

Email, like the regular post it would seem, is much like anything else on Aruba.
    MANANA.
    It's just a fact of life, unfortunate as that may be for the rest of the world that has a fast pace to maintain.
    If only we could all live at that pace, wouldn't it be a wonderful world?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Does this happen when a request is automatically asked for?

This will happen when the E is opened.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    My experience is that SETAR never answers email.
    I correspond to a couple of Aruba business pretty regularly and getting a reply is sometimes like pulling teeth.
    ;-)

Email just isn't the way to go in Aruba. Sometimes even phone calls don't work dealing with the government. Aruba is a very 'face to face' place.

Palm Beach Plaza, Ruinas del Mar Restaurant, Pata Pata Pool Bar at La Cabana, My Cozy Home, and so much more!
    As an aruban... I can say most everybody here on the island has a Blackberry, tradition of Blackberry is: Email arrives, they open and read it and say that they will answer it when they are at the PC, that sometimes never happens..LOL
    For the Best Babysitting on the Island.
    http://tbcaruba.com
    Looking to Buy, Rent, Sell a House, Land? Need Property Managment on Aruba?
    http://realestateinaruba.com

Quote Originally Posted by Navidad View Post
    As an aruban... I can say most everybody here on the island has a Blackberry, tradition of Blackberry is: Email arrives, they open and read it and say that they will answer it when they are at the PC, that sometimes never happens..LOL

Very true! LOL!!

The few businesses I do correspond with regularly though do get back to me within 24 hours so I guess I'm lucky.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I use a combo of emails and phone by calling to confirm emails.I also set up a yahoo and verizon acount as sometimes one or the other may not be funtioning in Aruba . Business can be a little slow but short calls and emails or scanned items seem to work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast