Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Aruba.....everywhere else is not quite "good enough"?

One of these vacations we're going to visit Switzerland. That way we get it behind us - Aruba is always ahead

As I was growing up and sorry to say aging, I always made travel a part of my life experience. Not that we're as worlds renowned as other members of the forum, but the Caribbean was always the favorite. We did the Florida stuff with the kids and Canada too, but the white sand and blue water always sucked us in. We've bareboat charts sailboats in the BVI, USVI, Leeward and Windward islands, the Grenadines and so on. We've taken 15 plus cruises to the western, southern, eastern itineraries numerous times, including Bermuda. When it's all said and done Aruba is the place we call home. The last six years Aruba has been our go to place, so,all of you Aruba lovers click your heals together. There's nothing like calling Aruba home.
    Last edited by schexc; 09-07-2016 at 05:23 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    everyone....well said!

Growing up we went to Seaside Hts for a week every summer. My whole mom's side - My grandmother, mom, brother, aunts, uncles & cousins. It was the highlight of my life! Many years my grandmother would surprise me with a 2nd week for just her & I It was my paradise. Now, a weekend there is fine and I find myself comparing everything to Aruba!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Once we stayed in Aruba that was the only place we want to be. Wish we had traveled there earlier in life but have had many wonderful vacations and I guess we saved the best for last. I always liked to go where it was warm, however we did visit Alaska twice and it is one of the most beautiful places we have traveled. The Aruba bug bites us all. It sounds as if many of the forum members have been blessed with being able to travel and have some grand vacations. Many people live their whole lifetime and never travel anywhere. What a shame.

Switzerland is wonderful. My husband worked in Basel for two years and I would join him the day after his last hitch. We have been to every corner of the country. The only place I was not thrilled with was Geneva. If offered a trip between the two I would have a hard time choosing.

You are right about some people living there whole life and never really go anyplace. My mother in-law was that person until we took her to Aruba a few years ago. Some people have no idea what they are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    Once we stayed in Aruba that was the only place we want to be. Wish we had traveled there earlier in life but have had many wonderful vacations and I guess we saved the best for last. I always liked to go where it was warm, however we did visit Alaska twice and it is one of the most beautiful places we have traveled. The Aruba bug bites us all. It sounds as if many of the forum members have been blessed with being able to travel and have some grand vacations. Many people live their whole lifetime and never travel anywhere. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    It sounds as if many of the forum members have been blessed with being able to travel and have some grand vacations. Many people live their whole lifetime and never travel anywhere. What a shame.
    So true. I was never even on an airplane until I was 22. First time out of the country was to Aruba on our honeymoon. My kids have no idea how lucky they are!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    So true. I was never even on an airplane until I was 22. First time out of the country was to Aruba on our honeymoon. My kids have no idea how lucky they are!
    I have you by a year. My very first flight I was 23 and it was for work. It also happened to be the first week after Dulles airport reopened after 9/11. Flying on American from Dulles was quite a somber experience. My next flight wasn't until 9 years later when we flew to Vegas to elope.
    I was lucky, both sets of my grandparents lived on the same block so I did lots of vacatons when I was younger with them and/or my parents. But we only went to east coast beaches or to visit family always driving distances. Both me and my husband hadn't left the country until our honeymoon to Aruba.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

As a youngster, my parents didn't have the finances for anything other
    than 1 afternoon in Niagara Falls.

The only other vacation spot, Studio city California, visit my son.

Aruba has been our destination going on 26 years, 4 times year.

No desire vacationing anywhere else...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast