Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Aruba.....everywhere else is not quite "good enough"?

Eagle Beach and Mangel Halto
    DH and I were just talking about this phenomenon.
    When it comes to a relaxing beach vacation nothing comes close to Aruba!
    It is pure magic to be able to count on the sheer pleasantness of the weather and people.
    We call it our annual decompression.
    Someday we will get to Europe, but that vacation will have nothing to do with relaxing.

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    I was just looking for the thread about "why Aruba". We are headed to NC tomorrow, and guess what???? Forecast is rain for 3 days; thank you tropical depression Julia.

Our vacation in Feb. to New Orleans was washed out and we were in the midst of a tornado. We've visited Florida when even the gulf waters were too hot to venture into.

My travel type has morphed over the years; as a youngster, my parents dragged a camper around the U.S. a number of times each summer and we camped up and down the east coast and into the mid-west. As a teen, I was in a group that visited Hawaii, western states and 4 countries in Europe.

When hubby and I were dating, we visited many places (we dated SIX years); Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, UP Michigan, northeastern US states and a year in California.

After our honeymoon to Aruba in '89, we rarely ventured elsewhere other than Aruba until we had kids (another SIX years later). With them, we went to Florida once a year to visit grandparents, Chicago, 3 Disney cruises, and eventually introduced them to Aruba.

None of the locations I've mentioned have the same WEATHER, atmosphere, people, food, water, sun and sand as Aruba. We're going to NC only because both kids being in college has drained our bank account a little; ok, alot. I'm saving points on IHG (which we already have enough for a room for a week) and SW points (1 roundtrip so far) so we can take our daughter on a nice trip when she graduates college next May. It will be her choice, but you all know what I'm hoping for!!!!!!
    Last edited by AUA1989; 09-15-2016 at 12:13 PM.

I feel myself start to relax the minute the plane lands. People keep telling me I should try other places. I don't know why because I have found my paradise. We were not able to travel for 25 years of marriage, but this year will be our 8th consecutive trip. Have met so many wonderful people in Aruba and on the forums. We are planning a family trip for my husband's 60th in a few years. I start planning for my next trip the second I leave.

My vacation trips used to revolve around Dragon Con in Atlanta Georgia over labor day weekend, followed by a trip to Upstate NY (Syracuse and Rochester) to visit friends from college. After my first visit to Aruba in 2010 I got hooked and have not looked anywhere else. Members of my family have been trying to convince me to visit other islands like Antigua, Barbados, Granada, even Belize which was a onetime desired destination choice of mine for some reason or another. But nope!! I'm happy with Aruba, if I were to move to Aruba full time then maybe I would make trips to the other islands and Belize. But for now, its Aruba for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123