Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks Arubalisa for the info. That sounds like a great deal to me.

I don't rent a phone down there but I do have an Aruban cell phone and its great mins. are mins. I call the states several times a week and it cost me about $5 a week. If you need to get messages off your US cell or house phone use the aruban phone to call it and save even more. Enjoy

Thanks for the reservation. Can't wait till you get here so we can screw it all up.
    Just kidding.

be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by loveyaaruba View Post
    We're counting on you being correct about Fastphonearuba.com. We've been coming to Aruba for about 15 years and never felt the need to rent a phone until this year. Their website was easy to use and I hope everything goes as smoothly as it promises. Be there on Saturday. Can bearly wait!!! One thing I noticed is that it doesn't mention roaming charges for calling the states. Any idea about that?
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Hi All,
    I have read this thread many times. Sometimes it hurts a little to know that something that took many years to develop fell apart in one year of my absence. Not a good feeling.

DISCOUNT CELL has been there and filled a gap and hopefully kept the need filled and all things under control.

I am back full time with the company now. I have made it a mission to get things straight and I feel we are in a good direction.

You shall all have to be our judge on this. In the meantime, my hat is off to a strong competitor.

be well
    charles
    be well
    charles

Question:

I don't want to bring our cell phones, ATT will take us through the wringer with roaming and intl charges. But i have an old cell phone that uses a SIM card.
    So, would i be able to use a prepaid deal, and use the old phone, since it has a sim slot?

We have been going over the cell phone thing for days. She wants to use calling cards, i tell her, what happens, if something happens back at home, and were on renaissance island, Taking a tour, or Out for the night? Some one should be able to get a hold of us ASAP, just in case. She says they can call the hotel, i know, she's not getting the emergency part of what im saying.

Any help would be appreciated.

if your old phone is unlocked, you can use a sim card. if it isn't unlocked, due to new laws, ATT must unlock it for you gratis. we plan to do that this year with a spare cell phone we have.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinStl View Post
    Question:

I don't want to bring our cell phones, ATT will take us through the wringer with roaming and intl charges. But i have an old cell phone that uses a SIM card.
    So, would i be able to use a prepaid deal, and use the old phone, since it has a sim slot?

We have been going over the cell phone thing for days. She wants to use calling cards, i tell her, what happens, if something happens back at home, and were on renaissance island, Taking a tour, or Out for the night? Some one should be able to get a hold of us ASAP, just in case. She says they can call the hotel, i know, she's not getting the emergency part of what im saying.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have taken back control of this company and I feel you would be hard pressed to find us lacking in attention and service. However that is only my opinion.

be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Welllll, this used to be a good company! I was a regular and was very dedicated to fastphones until last year.

The ownership of this company changed and it has never been the same since. You will wait and wait and wait and may be if you are lucky they will answer your emails. I just gave you the very condensed version of the utterly terrible service I recieved from them before and during my last visit to Aruba. I would suggest you use the other company recommended aruba discount cell.
    be well
    charles

Hi Charles!!
    I posted that last year when you were not the current owner. So glad you are back at the reins as the service I got from Fastphones when you were the owner was first rate!

As far as the SIM card goes, it works beautifully. I brought an unlocked BlackBerry and purchased a SIM card and had no issues at all. Very inexpensive. Got my sim card from Digicel right at the airport.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I hope I get the names straight, so please correct me if I'm wrong. We had been loyal Aruba Discount Cell customers for several years when they had the kiosk at the airport. Last year, I found out from this board that they were no longer going to have the airport location. I read here that many had were happy with their service from Aruba Fast Phones, and when I checked prices, I could get a better deal with Fast Phones. Since the airport kiosk was gone for Discount Cell, I went with the better deal. I was somewhat worried about the prospect of waiting for delivery and pickup from my hotel, but it couldn't have gone smoother. From the time I selected a service plan, to getting my phone numbers emailed to me in advance, to delivery of the phones within 20 mins of contacting Fast Phones from our hotel, to the pickup at the arranged time, everything moved like clockwork. I also want to add that Trees is very easy to work with; she's both very efficient and very friendly. I've recommended Aruba Fast Phones to several friends. I'm a two year and counting loyal customer now.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

AAAHHHHH Corona There you are long lost friend.

The getting of names right:

Discountcell -
    Great company that delivers and gives great service (our competitor)

FASTPHONE ARUBA -
    Involved from conception of the company DIGICEL
    Formerly at airport working at the DIGICEL kiosk
    Severed ties with DIGICEL due to contractual issues
    Immediately started with SETAR
    Also delivering
    Web site below
    Hopefully will be centrally located in a kiosk soon plus continuing deliveries

Charles - me
    Trees - him and a great guy from what I understand

Service - that is something that all companies try very hard to give

Best deal - no comment

be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    I hope I get the names straight, so please correct me if I'm wrong. We had been loyal Aruba Discount Cell customers for several years when they had the kiosk at the airport. Last year, I found out from this board that they were no longer going to have the airport location. I read here that many had were happy with their service from Aruba Fast Phones, and when I checked prices, I could get a better deal with Fast Phones. Since the airport kiosk was gone for Discount Cell, I went with the better deal. I was somewhat worried about the prospect of waiting for delivery and pickup from my hotel, but it couldn't have gone smoother. From the time I selected a service plan, to getting my phone numbers emailed to me in advance, to delivery of the phones within 20 mins of contacting Fast Phones from our hotel, to the pickup at the arranged time, everything moved like clockwork. I also want to add that Trees is very easy to work with; she's both very efficient and very friendly. I've recommended Aruba Fast Phones to several friends. I'm a two year and counting loyal customer now.
    be well
    charles

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast