Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Aruba4ever

Thread: Aruba is hot hot hot... And i don't mean temperature wise....

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!

Aruba is hot hot hot... And i don't mean temperature wise....

As predicted, for those of you who own property or who are looking to invest... Aruba's economy and wealth is really really booming...

http://caribjournal.com/2016/05/09/t...st-countries/#

As we ALL already know.. the quality of life here is FANTASTIC....
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

Funny, our neighbour just sent an email saying the island actually IS hot right now (temperature-wise). "...it's like the island is on fire... where's the wind?!?"

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!

Hot hot hot

LOL.. Yes, it is REALLY hot here.. the last few days... horrible... today was better... the Heat index the last 3 days was at least 104 F (40 C) with little to no wind... Prayed for rain, and we got the clouds that looked like it was going to rain.. but alas.. none...

We never got the "spring shower" as I call it, to put everything into bloom...
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Funny, our neighbour just sent an email saying the island actually IS hot right now (temperature-wise). "...it's like the island is on fire... where's the wind?!?"
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes

The sea temp however, reads a nice cool 81˚F

Aruba since 1979
    and their tax rate is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by EdandLiz View Post
    As predicted, for those of you who own property or who are looking to invest... Aruba's economy and wealth is really really booming...

http://caribjournal.com/2016/05/09/t...st-countries/#

As we ALL already know.. the quality of life here is FANTASTIC....

I will start by saying wow!!!!!! I just did a little bit of research and their maximum tax rate starts at an income of 174k and their maximum rate is 58.95%. Wow, wowowowowow. I can't imagine paying those rates-

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and their tax rate is a killer.

For an island that is still an overseas territory of the Netherlands, Aruba has surpassed a great majority of the independent nations of the Caribbean( mine included, it's number three on the list). I was said on "The One Happy Podcast" that Aruba is the prefect example of "Tourism Done Right." They pretty much took the book and re-wrote it, the fact that the numbers of repeat visitors and new visitors keeps growing every year says that there is something special and unique about the island that keeps visitors coming back again and again.

As for the temperature, the ABC islands are looking at some blistering heat till the end of May, hopefully the winds will help to provide some relief and once the rainy season starts up they should get a shower or two here and there to cool things down.

Ahhhhh... yes, that is the high end tax rate.. but 1st you don't pay taxes on your personal income if you are not a resident, so you can still invest and own. Also, if you want to own, and invest.. you create a company and do the rentals through the company... 25% flat profit tax rate.. however there are potential deductions.... It not as simple a clear cut at 58.95% tax rate... and that is going down over the next year BTW If you want to invest...highly recommend talking with a tax/accounting advisor (we use HCC NV.)... best decision we ever made... Way better returns then we could get in the market...

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I will start by saying wow!!!!!! I just did a little bit of research and their maximum tax rate starts at an income of 174k and their maximum rate is 58.95%. Wow, wowowowowow. I can't imagine paying those rates-