Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Aruba Newbie

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    US dollars are preferred as they are worth more than the Florin by around .50 depending on the exchange rate. So, if you decide to tip someone but tip them 1 Florin instead of 1 American dollar they are getting less, if that makes any sense. I wouldn't want to stand around anywhere to do the conversion, either.

As far as what beach to stay on I would rate Eagle Beach on the top of my list. It is one of the nicest beaches on the island and it is in the middle of the island on the resort side. So if you wanted to go downtown it isn't a far drive to the South, and the marketplace/high rise area isn't a far drive to the North.

Hope that helps!

Aruba since 1979
    1 florins AWG = $ 0.56 US Dollar
    the rate is pretty consistent

Thanks for all the advice.

Thanks all for the great info, two weeks today we leave for Aruba. We are renting a place in Malmok, steps from the beach, renting a car from Wheels2Go, complete with anti theft device, signed up for a refresher dive course with Red Sail and a two tank dive with JADS. Looking at snorkel excurion with Jolly Pirates for myself and my wife, now all that's left is getting our arses there to enjoy the sun sand and surf. Can't wait.

But one last question, is there any day trips from Aruba to Venezuela, and is it safe or worth doing?

Aruba since 1979
    There may be day trips if u make a plan maybe with an aruba travel agent. But now, more than ever travel to Venezuela is not recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerDawg View Post
    Thanks all for the great info, two weeks today we leave for Aruba. We are renting a place in Malmok, steps from the beach, renting a car from Wheels2Go, complete with anti theft device, signed up for a refresher dive course with Red Sail and a two tank dive with JADS. Looking at snorkel excurion with Jolly Pirates for myself and my wife, now all that's left is getting our arses there to enjoy the sun sand and surf. Can't wait.

But one last question, is there any day trips from Aruba to Venezuela, and is it safe or worth doing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12