Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Newbie!

Aruba Newbie!

HELLLLO everybody! We are travelling to Aruba July 10-17. This is our first visit. We are staying at Cunucu Arubiano. We have a few questions. Hoping you all could help!

1. Cunucu Arubiano is not on the beach, are the beaches public? Where can we go to relax under a palapa all day?

2. Where are the best places to snorkel?

3. Any excursions, or must see, must do while on the island you recommend?

3. This one is proving difficult. We will be renting a jeep, but everything I have read regarding the rental places are negative. We just want a reliable trustworthy place to rent from? Who do you recommend?

Thank you. Cant wait for our trip!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

with great certainty, i can say that you will have a BLAST visiting Aruba.

I am unfamiliar with conucu arubiano. i will have to do a search here and also google.

all beaches on aruba are PUBLIC with the exception of Renaissance Island and DePalm Island.
    however, the palapa, shade huts and lounges and charis are property of the resorts.
    some resorts allow for daily rentals. (based on availability and season)
    moomba beach bar/restaurant has lounge rentals on their section of the beach, just a little south of the marriott (on palm beach)

often i recommend to people is to buy a beach sand chair at the hardware store or certfied mall and to pull up to an area on Eagle Beach and to grab a spot under a tree for shade. same thing for baby beach, and also baby beach has lounge rentals.

here are some tagged threads and links for snorkeling, and jeeps.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=456645

http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=456646

http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/car-and-jeep-rentals

can you tell me where you have seen the negative jeep reviews?

As far as "must see", I recommend an island tour either by taxi or by an airconditioned bus or by jeep tour.
    alto vista chapel, bushibiri gold mine ruins, fallen down natural bridge, arikok paved road tour, california lighthouse, donkey sanctuary, phillips animal garden are all good things to see and can be done on a 4 hour taxi tour.

also too, there are plenty of snorkel adventures by boat…….red sail, jolly pirates, depalm, and tranquilo…just to name a few.
    how about a snorkel/sunset cruise?

i also recommend that folks do NOT overschedule themselves!
    leave plenty of time for the beach.

=Kvega;255050]HELLLLO everybody! We are travelling to Aruba July 10-17. This is our first visit. We are staying at Cunucu Arubiano. We have a few questions. Hoping you all could help!

1. Cunucu Arubiano is not on the beach, are the beaches public? Where can we go to relax under a palapa all day?

2. Where are the best places to snorkel?

3. Any excursions, or must see, must do while on the island you recommend?

3. This one is proving difficult. We will be renting a jeep, but everything I have read regarding the rental places are negative. We just want a reliable trustworthy place to rent from? Who do you recommend?

Thank you. Cant wait for our trip![/QUOTE]

Hi Andrea! Thank you! I was actually wondering if I Should purchase some beach chairs good to know thank you!. I figured resorts would own the palapas...but I was hoping ..oh well! As far as the negative jeep reviews... I read numerous horror stories on tripadvisor. Mostly to stay clear of Royal, and Thrifty...and one or two others... The positive reviews I did find were about More for less rental..so I am probably going to go with them. We bought or own snorkel gear we do want to go on a snorkel cruise, but also wanted to know if any of the beaches are good to snorkel on our own. Cunucu Arubiano is next to the donkey santuary.. Thank you for your links and your info..Helps A lot!!!

Aruba since 1979
    the first link that i posted is for some tagged threads re: snorkeling.

my favorite shore snorkel spots are catalina cove and baby beach.
    there is really no good snorkeling on palm or eagle beach. (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Kvega View Post
    Hi Andrea! Thank you! I was actually wondering if I Should purchase some beach chairs good to know thank you!. I figured resorts would own the palapas...but I was hoping ..oh well! As far as the negative jeep reviews... I read numerous horror stories on tripadvisor. Mostly to stay clear of Royal, and Thrifty...and one or two others... The positive reviews I did find were about More for less rental..so I am probably going to go with them. We bought or own snorkel gear we do want to go on a snorkel cruise, but also wanted to know if any of the beaches are good to snorkel on our own. Cunucu Arubiano is next to the donkey santuary.. Thank you for your links and your info..Helps A lot!!!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Arashi beach and Malmock are good places to both swim and snorkel off the beach. Baby Beach is another good one. There are a few palapas or huts there and you can rent chairs at Baby Beach. Buying a couple of cheap beach chairs makes more sense though. Baby Beach has a lot of very shallow water and lots of beach area. The snorkel area is small but full of fish all the time. Take some bread in a baggy and they will swarm you.

We have had good luck with Econo car rental in the past but I am not sure if they rent jeeps as we just rent an air conditioned car. You don't really need a jeep unless you plan to go off roading or try to find the natural pool by yourself.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I just looked up Cunucu Arubiano. It is off the beaten path a bit at the Donkey Sanctuary. They mention Andicuri Beach as being the closest to them which is true, however that beach is not recommended for swimming due to the strong currents and rough waves. It is pretty to look at and sit by but dangerous to swim in.

Hi Kvega! Welcome to the forum! Get ready to fall in LOVE with Aruba!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Arashi beach is great for snorkeling , you can stay close to shore or swim out and see lots of fish. You can also take the bus to this spot.

Just got back last night from the Beautiful Island. We went to DePalma Island for the first time this trip (20 yearer) it is a good place for kids. You have to watch the weather though. The water was very choppy and I could only snorkel for about 10 min. before I had to give up.
    Boca Catalina and Malmolk are good for snorkeling. You can go right to where the tour boats take you without the big cost. (Bring your own lunch)

I am also a newbie, going May 10-17, and was wondering if we could take the bus to all 3 beaches - Arashi, Malmock, & Catalina Cove? Want to snorkel on our own but would like to do these beaches all in the same day since they are in the same area. Thanks, I hope it's ok to post my question here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast