Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aruba orphanage

Aruba orphanage

Wasn't sure which topic to put this under. We are bringing down a bag of homemade baby items to donate to the orphanage. Has anyone here done this? We have been foster parents to over 55 children here in NH and I've been a director of a Children's program at a battered women's shelter and a teacher of special needs kids till my retirement this year. Now I've got the time to sew and quilt! I donate here but want to donate in Aruba too. I found a contact number and name but am looking to hear of others experiences with doing this. Just a way to give back to the locals while enjoying their island. Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    what a wonderful gift.........fostering children!
    hard but very rewarding work.

years ago, gee, many years ago, we brought donations to the orphanage.
    if memory serves, there are 3.

i hope others respond to this post and it is so wonderful that you and others donate your time, your talent and treasure.

congrats on your retirement.
    well deserved i am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramdee View Post
    Wasn't sure which topic to put this under. We are bringing down a bag of homemade baby items to donate to the orphanage. Has anyone here done this? We have been foster parents to over 55 children here in NH and I've been a director of a Children's program at a battered women's shelter and a teacher of special needs kids till my retirement this year. Now I've got the time to sew and quilt! I donate here but want to donate in Aruba too. I found a contact number and name but am looking to hear of others experiences with doing this. Just a way to give back to the locals while enjoying their island. Thanks.

Great thing about retirement? More time in Aruba every year!

Great thing indeed! I hope to follow in your footsteps someday! We are looking to get back into fostering in the future when the kids are older. And hope to spend more time in Aruba too!

We planned to to visit an orphanage or 2 when we were last on the island but it just didn't happen. Please let us know how it goes!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

What a great idea..taking gently worn clothes for the orphanages....I will have to be hitting up the friends and family so I can take a carry on full of cloths...plus will make a trip to walmart for when they have their sales and you can get stuff for $. 50-1.00
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I think some children's books would be great to add to the donation pile!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    PLEASE contact the orphanage(s) for their wish list.

The books may have to be purchased in Aruba to be in the right language I would guess. Good idea though!

I'll try to post the site I found with the list.

Go to www.togetherforgood.org and click on Aruba. It will have a list and contact name and number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast