Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aruba orphanage

I think I read somewhere that it was difficult to get books for young ones in English. And since Dutch, English, Spanish & Papiamento are taught it may be nice, but I would reach out to the orphanage you are dealing with and ask directly - I could be wrong.

This is from a thread back in August 2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    To help the orphanage- kids ages birth to 8
    Casa Cuna,
    Corina Linssen ,Directeur
    casacuna@setarnet.aw

Tel: 00297-5857177
    Fax: 00297- 5853010

To help the orphanage- kids ages 8- teen

Imeldahoff

imeldahofaruba@setarnet.aw

To help the small, private foundation that promotes reading-
    Liliana & team..
    Fundacion Papiamente

www.fundacionpapiamente.com

To donate, volunteer or watch the sea turtles hatch-

Richard van der Wal

turtugaruba@hotmail.com
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I'm very interested in helping the orphanage while in Aruba this March. Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, I imagine the ultimate goal is adoption. Are Americans able to adopt from Aruba? Has anyone done this? Let me know if you have info.

Aruba since 1979
    nice to see you back katherine!
    good questions...i am wondering whom i can ask about adoption regs?

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    I'm very interested in helping the orphanage while in Aruba this March. Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, I imagine the ultimate goal is adoption. Are Americans able to adopt from Aruba? Has anyone done this? Let me know if you have info.

Thanks Andrea! I'm not very good at keeping up most of the year, and then as spring break approaches I become obsessed and check in 10 times a day! I would really appreciate any information. My husband and I have always said we would possibly adopt a 4th child or foster. Doing research on both options.

When I was working as a nurse in a long term nursing home for kids... I became a "legal" parent for one. A very very special boy.... neglected.. near drowning
    and semi veggie state (but he was very aware of my presence)
    He eventually earned his "wings" and I promise him right before that I will take him with me... and will keep him till I go. We will go together to a very special place. Yes, he sits in my family room watching over me now.

My husband and I have taught the kids the value of life. We have gone to a few orphanages till bring special things. Yes chocolate was one. Mainly school supplies
    Note books, pens, and etc.

Aruba since 1979
    at least 4, but i am sure that there are more, adoptive parents are forum members.
    it is not my place to give the names, but maybe they will post some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    Thanks Andrea! I'm not very good at keeping up most of the year, and then as spring break approaches I become obsessed and check in 10 times a day! I would really appreciate any information. My husband and I have always said we would possibly adopt a 4th child or foster. Doing research on both options.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12