Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "The Aruba Police"

"The Aruba Police"

We have been coming to Aruba several times a year for the past 7 years. I am finding it very interesting this trip to see a greater presence of police cars and police around in different areas. Seems someone must have issued a wakeup call. On the road behind the Tropicana that goes to Oranjestad the police have been operating a radar speed trap on several days last week. They have also been using them between the airport on the road to St Nicolaas. I understand they have had them for a while, but I have never seen them out as often. Also, new don't drink and drive posters are up. Changes are slowly happening.

This is a welcome development that I have also noticed. Now, if they would institute regular patrol, some on foot through San Nicolaas, and other areas. that would be VERY impressive.

One can hope.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Not a bad idea, after all we want Aruba to stay the safe place we know it to be. One of the reasons we all love Aruba is how safe it is to travel around the island on our own day or night.

I agree, the more police the better. Aruba is the safest vacation destination that I have ever been to.

Didn't see but many police last week during our stay at the Hyatt

I have been here for 3 weeks now and this is the most police I have ever seen in my 28 trips to Aruba
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    i love the idea of speed traps.

those that speed on the aruba roads are scary!

Mango Halto, East Coast jeep riding, Palm Beach
    We were there in June and they were set up on side of road between airport and the brewery.

I believe a special thanks should go to Trudy Hassell The Police Commissioner whom I am told has been responsible for working to improve policing on the island. I have had personal dealings with her and can attest that she is very much hands on and active.

in june the police presence was the most activity i have ever witnessed, during the day,they need speed traps into savaneta at night. the younger generation believe their in the fast and furious role..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast