Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Aruba prepaid sim card options

Sounds good. I have an old (non smart) phone with a setar sim card, but I recall it costing me $50 or so, and it had pretty limited talk time with no data. So I was exploring my options. Most of the 'reviews' I have heard were dated, or only discussed Voice, and no data, or data and no voice. LOL

I will talk to setar when we get there!

Thnaks again.. and thanks Shnyda for the PM!

I bumped this old thread back up for discussion since it has been awhile since it was last commented on. I am going to check today with ATT near my home to see if I can unlock my LG phone as it is an older model G3 and my contract should be up. If I can unlock it I think I will bring it and just get a SIM card and pay for a weeks worth of phone and data usage. One reason is I like my phone and have all the apps I use every day on it, so it's easier than renting or buying a new unlocked phone. Also I am planing on bringing my drone to do some aerial videos and being able to see the maps on my phone while flying is helpful.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Where is the best place to go for a Sim card and buy some data, etc? We don't need to do it at the airport and are staying at the Marriott in town.
    2. Is cell coverage good all over the island or are there any area where it is not?

Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    I recommend the airport for SIM purchase.
    Both Setar and Digicel are there.

There is a Digicel store perpendicular from Queen Wilhemena Park.
    I think it has a red awning or red facade.

I have always had good cell reception in Aruba (beach, resorts, in the car downtown)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston View Post
    I bumped this old thread back up for discussion since it has been awhile since it was last commented on. I am going to check today with ATT near my home to see if I can unlock my LG phone as it is an older model G3 and my contract should be up. If I can unlock it I think I will bring it and just get a SIM card and pay for a weeks worth of phone and data usage. One reason is I like my phone and have all the apps I use every day on it, so it's easier than renting or buying a new unlocked phone. Also I am planing on bringing my drone to do some aerial videos and being able to see the maps on my phone while flying is helpful.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Where is the best place to go for a Sim card and buy some data, etc? We don't need to do it at the airport and are staying at the Marriott in town.
    2. Is cell coverage good all over the island or are there any area where it is not?

Thanks.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

1. There's a Setar kiosk as you exit the airport or you can go to the Palm Beach SETAR Store which is south of the Marriott. About a five minute drive.
    2. Coverage is good across the island. Sometimes better and faster than land based!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567