Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Aruba Puppies

Aruba Puppies

We need your help. These Aruba pups need good homes. Momma was found in Aruba trying to get food from trash cans - my friend Kathy in Aruba tried to approach her but she was initially skittish and afraid - after a few days, Kathy succeeded in making friends with her then a day or two later, she brought Kathy to her pups. Kathy brought Mom and puppies to her house and to the vet. Mom is anemic and malnourished but the pups are fat and healthy so Momma was taking very good care of them. Mom is now on antibiotics and vitamins and eating nourishing food. All 6 pups and Mom need good homes. Please spread the word that these beautiful pups need homes. Mom is named Sweetie because Kathy said once Mom knew she was safe, she has been so sweet, gentle and very loving. Pass the word. PM me if you know anyone interested....Cheryl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aruba Puppies-dsc00427.jpg   Aruba Puppies-dsc00436.jpg   Aruba Puppies-dsc00435.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    i can reaffirm 100% that cheryl and kathy do magnificent work rescuing, fostering and facilitate adoptions.

but, and the big BUT for this situation is there are 7 dogs that need homes real soon

sweetie, the mom is on the road to being healthy
    the pups are about 3 weeks old as of feb 5 and are eating wet food as mom's ilk is not sufficient due to her anemia.
    (sweetie is being treated for anemia and is progressing nicely)

please pass the word

i saw the mom (sweetie) while in aruba.
    she is about the size of a real small female lab
    bigger than a beagle....smaller than a lab (bigger than a breadbox)
    thin
    short coarse tan colored hair
    upright ears that flop over at the top
    and she is a good girl from what i have been told

the pups all look like chubby versions of mom
    and if they are typical aruban mutts they will be in the range of 25 - 40 lbs

if i could i would but the man that i sleep with says NO MORE

if you are concerned about bringing them to the firigid USA
    rest easy..............they adjust

i was involved in an aruba pup adoption last yr and delivered a pup from logan airport to my niece here in waterville maine.
    ben, formerly known as bambi, loved the snow from the get go and no longer will tolerate wearing the winter coat

please consider opening your heart to these poor beasts that need homes either in aruba or the ones here in the usa.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
    We need your help. These Aruba pups need good homes. Momma was found in Aruba trying to get food from trash cans - my friend Kathy in Aruba tried to approach her but she was initially skittish and afraid - after a few days, Kathy succeeded in making friends with her then a day or two later, she brought Kathy to her pups. Kathy brought Mom and puppies to her house and to the vet. Mom is anemic and malnourished but the pups are fat and healthy so Momma was taking very good care of them. Mom is now on antibiotics and vitamins and eating nourishing food. All 6 pups and Mom need good homes. Please spread the word that these beautiful pups need homes. Mom is named Sweetie because Kathy said once Mom knew she was safe, she has been so sweet, gentle and very loving. Pass the word. PM me if you know anyone interested....Cheryl

How difficult is it to get them back to the US? Is there a quarantine period?

Aruba since 1979
    no quarantine period

just the first round of puppy shots and the health certificate from the vet saying the pup is healthy and able to travel to the usa.

small dogs and pups 20lbs and under go in a "dog tote" and go UNDER the seat as carry on.

i think the fare is $75 or $100

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by mleajanko View Post
    How difficult is it to get them back to the US? Is there a quarantine period?

Aruba since 1979
    seriously i am not trying to break hearts...........just trying to expand hearts.

Hi Andrea ,
    Sweetie has now been with me for 6 days. She is going to make a wonderful dog for someone looking for an easy, docile, sweet, smart, well-behaved dog. She hardly ever barks, doesn't chew, well-behaved in the car. She is just the best!
    She gets her last shot tomorrow. Although she hates her shot, she just hangs onto my neck while the vet gives her the injection. She waits very patiently in the waiting room, doesn't bark at the other dogs. I wish that I could keep her, but the only way my husband will continue to be okay with fostering these dogs now and in the future, is if I let go of them.
    The pups are good. We feed them 3 to a pie plate. Of course, they put their whole bodies in the pie plate. They are so cute!
    Here are some new pictures. The black pups are all boys and the sandy colored pups are the girls.
    Kathy

We have been successful in finding forever homes for 5 out of 6 puppies. We only have one male pup left to find a good home for. One pup is staying in Aruba with a lovely family and the others are coimng to the States. Anyone interested in our last little boy?

I would take him if I could get him here to Michigan some how.

Is the last pup still available?

I will be in Aruba March 15-22 (or 13-22) .... if I can take him home, how would I go about this...?

Thanks!!!

If you need help with the last one let me know. My wife volunteers at a no kill shelter here and we can make sure he gets a good home. I'd also be happy to help fly him into the US for anyone on the east coast.

Aruba since 1979
    there is good all around!
    i am proud to call all of you kind folks my community family.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    If you need help with the last one let me know. My wife volunteers at a no kill shelter here and we can make sure he gets a good home. I'd also be happy to help fly him into the US for anyone on the east coast.