Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: ARUBA......Remember WHEN?

I remember when TwinkleTONES used to be called TwinkleBONES before they changed their name. We had a fun time there on our honeymoon in 1996 and still have the video that we purchased from that night of all the fun and of us dancing.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    Tabasko restaurant and it's location at Bushiri.........boy i loved both places!
    Bushiri..........demolition by neglect :-(

I remember there used to be a great restaurant somewhere in town called (I think) Boonoonoonoos that I loved.

Quote Originally Posted by boqueesha View Post
    I remember there used to be a great restaurant somewhere in town called (I think) Boonoonoonoos that I loved.
    It was in the same location where Que Pasa is located now. My husband LOVED their hot spicy jerk ribs at Boonoonoonoos. I even still have one of their anniversary t-shirts they gave me one year.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Eagle Beach Boy,

The restaurant called Portobello, at least the one I'm thinking of, was in the Renaissance Marketplace, at the end of the strip where the Dutch Pancake House is now.

All long-time Aruba lovers,

Restaurants in downtown Oranjestad seems to have quickly emerged as a favourite theme here, so I might as well continue; anybody remember a little Indonesian spot called (Please forgive the butchered spelling) Dwarang Java, or Java Cottage as we were told. It was tucked into a corner not far from where the Gucci store is now.

At Dwarang Java, the little plastic sticks they put in the various dishes on the rijstafel were colour-coded for a reason. I found out the hard way what the red stick meant. Calling the "Amstel fire dept" was a big mistake; it only helped spread the heat around.

This thread is so neat!

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Eagle Beach Boy,

The restaurant called Portobello, at least the one I'm thinking of, was in the Renaissance Marketplace, at the end of the strip where the Dutch Pancake House is now.
    Glenn
    The Italian restaurant I am thinking of was near the grocery store behind the Renn.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    It was in the same location where Que Pasa is located now. My husband LOVED their hot spicy jerk ribs at Boonoonoonoos. I even still have one of their anniversary t-shirts they gave me one year.
    That was the first place I ever tried jerk ribs. I was probably 8 or 10 years old and they brought out a fire extinguisher with the plate lol. They were definitely hot and spicy and I think helped paved the way for my love of spicy foods. That's awesome you still have one of their shirts. I'm gonna have to mention to my parents that Que Pasa is in the same location...they always make a point to go to Que Pasa and I know they loved Boonoonoonoos too.

Dom
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    The Italian restaurant I am thinking of was near the grocery store behind the Renn.
    You may be thinking of Giannis (not the newer one in the high rise area, but the original one across from Chez Matilda). I remember it being there for only a year or two.

Another restaurant that we loved and has been long gone was called La Paloma. They used to have the best veal dish on the island.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

remember the first time we saw the white sand and water and thinking we really have found the perfect place it looks just like a picture ,now we dont need to go anywhere else

Thumbs up

Thanks Dom.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast