Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: ARUBA......Remember WHEN?

  1. #61
    Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    48
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    OK Here is one........remember when the Occidental was called the Americana????

    See how many go back that far.
    Yes I sure do remember being the americana,
    I stayed there on my honeymoon (the first time I was married) 1995.....
    ______________

  2. #62
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    nice to see u back ellen

  3. #63
    Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    48
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    nice to see u back ellen
    Thank you andrea,

    It makes me sad sometimes to come here knowing I am not there (aruba) yet. so I stay away, it doesn't take aruba from my mind, just makes it a bit easier to swallow!

    We were planning on this feb/march, but not looking like its going to happen again!
    When we looked back a few months ago, the rates are just crazy, airfair was ok, but the hotel rates were crazy! And its for 4 of us....

    I keep hoping, we will see what happens. Maybe next december for our 10th anniversary....
    ______________

  4. #64
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    renting a timeshare from someone is way less expensive than a hotel (usually)
    Quote Originally Posted by aruba here I come View Post
    Thank you andrea,

    It makes me sad sometimes to come here knowing I am not there (aruba) yet. so I stay away, it doesn't take aruba from my mind, just makes it a bit easier to swallow!

    We were planning on this feb/march, but not looking like its going to happen again!
    When we looked back a few months ago, the rates are just crazy, airfair was ok, but the hotel rates were crazy! And its for 4 of us....

    I keep hoping, we will see what happens. Maybe next december for our 10th anniversary....

  5. #65
    Dom
    Dom is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    149
    If I remember correctly, going back to the 1970's before it was the Talk of the Town, the hotel was called the Coral Strand.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

  6. #66
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    wow
    Dom wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    If I remember correctly, going back to the 1970's before it was the Talk of the Town, the hotel was called the Coral Strand.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    124
    Andrea, I agree with you about renting a timeshare and being less expensive than a hotel and you have the convenience of kitchen to prepare breakfast and lunch. I own 3 weeks at Playa Linda in June and a studio that sleeps 4 will rent as low as $600; a 1-bedroom, sleeps 5, anywhere $1,000 up. Rentals in December are higher and seem to be harder to come by. Don't know about the other timeshares, but worth a browse to check them out.

  8. #68
    Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    48
    Posts
    337
    andrea,
    agree about renting a time share, harder to come buy or more costly the time that we are looking to go. And also if you are looking to stay in the highrises. (I should be happy to just be in aruba, not where I am staying!)
    I agree arubadolores, about having the kitchen to cook breakfast and lunch especially with a almost 6yo, and a 3 1/2 yo. who are pickie eaters! You have where I want to stay, but of couse looking for feb/march....
    Dh knows that we aren't going anyplace until we get back to my home away from home!!
    ______________

  9. #69
    Senior Member tangy003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Palm Beach
    Age
    57
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by aruba here I come View Post
    Yes I sure do remember being the americana,
    I stayed there on my honeymoon (the first time I was married) 1995.....
    P.S.....I stayed there too on my honeymoon which was WWWWAAAYYYYYYYYY back in 1982(yup still married to the same woman).Funny thing is when we went back to celebrate our 25th anniversary,we didn't know at the time we bought our timeshare that it was actually the same place where we honeymooned in 82.Guess it was meant to be.

  10. #70
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hyatt casino
    Posts
    15
    Twinklebones and Twinkletonrd went there 18 times while they were in business.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO