Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: ARUBA......Remember WHEN?

going to the natural bridge, when you had to have a 4x4, it was like driving on a rocky rollercoaster. loved that.

Aruba since 1979
    and remember when the natural bridge was intact?
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    going to the natural bridge, when you had to have a 4x4, it was like driving on a rocky rollercoaster. loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if this is something you want to pursue, please start a new thread in the "general".

my question ebb is.... are the cruise passengers using the beach furniture that is provided by your resort (is your resort renting out lounges palapas?)
    again, please begin new thread if we want to have a discussion on that subject.
    No. I do not need a discussion. Just an observation mentioned by many from other resorts as well as the AM.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Remember when the front desk called your taxi and gave you the number of the plate of the taxi that would pick you up.

Aruba since 1979
    holy cow!! really!?!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar View Post
    Remember when the front desk called your taxi and gave you the number of the plate of the taxi that would pick you up.

Remember the Tam before the remodeling?

remember when the road in front of the hotels was a place for cars only and was basically empty at night?
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    I remember when I stayed at the Royal Aruban, which was a few motel(eficiencies). It is long gone and is now the PHOENIX !!! date????? the 70's ???
    Our honeymoon was in 1976. We stayed on the 6th floor at the Americana, overlooking the pool. One of the two best vacations i ever had. I still love Aruba, but it will never be the same obviously, and the crowds take something away from what it used to be, back then.

I also remember a restaurant, that my wife and i went to that year, and still laugh about. It was called Bali Hai, or something similiar. It was on a big old boat, and the food was Indian, i think. My wife was naseous from the combination of the boat swaying (even though it was docked) and the smell of curry. Meanwhile, i was across the table from her, stuffing my face with whatever was put in front of me. Some things never change

taxi cabs lined from the lobby door down the driveway, at the americana, then allegro.
    when the occidental bought is when the high rise area just began to really explode.
    wow, have things changed including me, now we never take cabs, we rent a car.
    actually i feel guilty when i talk to drivers i have known from years ago, my wife and 3 small kids, piling in off for dinner. boy, how fast life changes.
    after writing this i believe that in april, i'll have my favorite cab driver alfonso, take us to dinner, he's always sitting outside the occidental, with a sincere smile, wonderful man....
    sorry, if i rambled on. feeling a little nostalgic about how little things like this subject brings tears, i really miss my children being kid's..................

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789