Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

">>>> "GOING THROUGH CHEMO"
    ----- That was me about 4 years ago. Was about half way through chemo for colon cancer and went for 2 weeks. Since we owned a timeshare could not waste it. I had a great doctor who cut out the cancer section and chemo was a precaution so if any little bug got lose in my body the chemo might kill them.
    Really enjoyed those 2 weeks. First week could not drink any cold Amstel Bright Beer but could by the second week. Chemo I was on caused my fingers, mouth, ... to really react to the cold or anything cold.

I am a breast cancer survivor who went through some very aggressive chemo. One of the things that really draws me to Aruba is the sense of peace it gives me. I had a very surreal healing experience the first time I went there so YES YES YES it would be great in that respect. Aruba can heal a wounded soul.

As others have mentioned chemo does a number on you and the stress of flying, dealing with crowds and being so far away from your oncology team might not be a good idea. A person having treatment is very prone to dehydration and the climate change kick it off. A little dehydration for a chemo patient means hospitalization and no one wants to go on vacation to wind up in the hospital.

As much as I know she would enjoy it this might be a trip to take to celebrate the end of chemo when her strength is back up. At that point I think it is absolutely essential for the emotional and spiritual healing that is required after battling a serious disease.

After breast cancer surgery and 30 days of radiation - I returned to Aruba. I was pretty badly burned from the radiation and could barely get hubby's t-shirt over my head. I had a prescription salve for my skin and stayed in the shade for 3 weeks. My recuperation was certainly expedited by the weather here in Aruba along with the birds singing and waves crashing on the beach when I sat under a palapa.

For me - Aruba provided me with the right frame of mind to filter out the negativity of this horrid disease. And continues to fill my spiritual and physical being!!!

This is the focus:

It is all about others and not about ourselves. If we do things right, then others will focus on us, thereby giving us tons of time to worry about others.

Doesn't get simpler than that.

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12